No announcement yet.

Raheem Sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think of him as an R. But I really, really wish Kelvin had cut his legs off before their second goal. That would have been well worth a one match ban.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      What did he do? I must have missed the massive disrespect he showed us.
      He was dying on the floor, then miraculously got up and took a quick free kick that led to the first goal, in other words cheated. That free kick shouldn't have been allowed to have been taken quickly in those circumstances and Raheem should have been booked for unsporting behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by loftboy View Post
        He was dying on the floor, then miraculously got up and took a quick free kick that led to the first goal, in other words cheated. That free kick shouldn't have been allowed to have been taken quickly in those circumstances and Raheem should have been booked for unsporting behaviour.
        We switched off. Redknapp said that in his conference.

Comment

It all happened so quick but I have an excuse in missing it as unlike our players I'm in the stand and not on £50k p/w but what you say makes sense. Going to watch it on motd2. Did appear that the booing was a reaction to this.
          No excuse to switch off though and if in doubt a player has to stand infront of the ball, Liverpool do it.
          For a premiership team with players on big wages we do look naive at set plays such as the above & the pointless free kick at the end. Also at corners and free kicks we often look like a school 3rd team where football isn't the players first sport, lot of hesitation and general naivety.
          Saying that, it was a great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            Wasn't it because he pointed at the player who'd fouled him looking to get him booked?
            yep austin, started getting his panties into a twist about it haha. Then dived for their free kick and got up seconds later after appearing to be hurt from the foul.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

By dying do you mean sitting down? He wasn't pretending to be injured that I could see on the MOTD2 replays. He definitely went down very easily for the free kick, but it didn't look like an Ashley Young style dive.

Absolutely no excuse for switching off.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                By dying do you mean sitting down? He wasn't pretending to be injured that I could see on the MOTD2 replays. He definitely went down very easily for the free kick, but it didn't look like an Ashley Young style dive.

Absolutely no excuse for switching off.
                My mistake, only noticed on motd, the dying swan bit was about 20 seconds earlier, i for some reason thought it was the same incident.

Comment

My mistake, only noticed on motd, the dying swan bit was about 20 seconds earlier, i for some reason thought it was the same incident.
                  That was when Charlie cynically tripped him. Which was why he was asking for him to be booked. Not a nice trait asking for a yellow, but he was right tbf

Ref could have been throwing cards around like nobodies business if he was paying attention, especially in the first half. Johnson should have gone, and Sandro took a boot to the 'lower abdomen' which should have brought a yellow card too.

Dunne did get booked for nearly catching Sterling though.......

Comment

Ref didn't have a very good game IMO.

Comment

turned down a big wage increase, may be thinking Liverpool not going anywhere in the near future. Could be good news for us
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

We still have a sell on clause? Would be a nice bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          turned down a big wage increase, may be thinking Liverpool not going anywhere in the near future. Could be good news for us
                          Absolutely no chance him coming back here imo, likely to go to Europe, Gooners, Chelsea or Citeh
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                            Absolutely no chance him coming back here imo, likely to go to Europe, Gooners, Chelsea or Citeh
                            Think he means that Liverpool might be forced sell him and we get a percentage of the sell on sale.

Comment

Real or Barca bound I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                                Think he means that Liverpool might be forced sell him and we get a percentage of the sell on sale.
                                You could be right, I think I misread the post
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X