How long do we wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
    we could be bottom of the 2nd division and still know our identity-we did when people were putting money into buckets. its the question of harry getting the best out of a decent squad.
    My point wasn`t with us fans.
    It was with the club,
    Every club has a style and way of playing, except us it seems.
    I know how I want us to play, I know how we should play, yet every game it seems to be yet another poor performance with foolish tactics/formations/selections.
    We used to be a club that other teams fans had a soft spot for but now we are a laughing stock and hated for it (not that it matter what they think) but we were a club that tried to do things the "right" way, of finding hidden gem players from non/lower league and bringing them on to be top players.
    Now every season we start with a virtually new side that`s had bucket loads of money thrown at it but with no real thought for what will happen on the pitch (just look at the weakness/lack of depth in defence & attack).
    We play with a "lets see what happens and hope we don`t get battered" attitude, if we play well (not very often) it has a feeling of, more by luck than design.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      I'm from the States, so I have limited opportunity to see the Hoops other than on TV (last year, it was BBC Radio). But the game I DID see last year was the home tilt against Leicester City. From that day forward to yesterday, seems like LC has played as a team, and with intensity, virtually every game. Looking at the respective rosters, seems ours is certainly on level with theirs. We KNOW the difference. One plays like a team, the other depends on individual performances to salvage success. That's coaching. If not, why even have a coach? Think HR has been a class act pretty much his entire career, and think his best contribution now to the Hoops, and TF, would be as head of football personnel. On the field, we need a tactician who the players not only respect, but can learn and improve from. Instead of constantly talking about "sacking" HR, suggest it better we promote him up the organizational ladder and bring in a field manager who can inspire us to play like, well, Leicester City.
      Not a bad idea as my worry with sacking HR is that it`s his team and most of the players wouldn`t be here if it weren't for HR, so sacking him could cause serious trouble with player attitude.
      Leave H to the wheeling and dealing and let a new manager actually make some footballing decisions.

Comment

Yes -- my point exactly -- and that way we respect HR at this stage in his career, keep player loyalties intact, and bring in a spark plug who reminds players what it felt like in the beginning -- excited, eyes on the stars, and always ready to play.

Comment

My two cents for a style of play is captured in one word: "speed". Field the fastest team in the PL...where the other side struggles with fitness just to keep up. Yes, it could expose us more to the counter. Yes, it doesn't square with possession football. But at least the Hoops would have a style all their own; and I'd wager a winning one.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            Yes -- my point exactly -- and that way we respect HR at this stage in his career, keep player loyalties intact, and bring in a spark plug who reminds players what it felt like in the beginning -- excited, eyes on the stars, and always ready to play.
            Yep,
            not a fan of sacking managers unless it really isn`t working but as we are a Prem side that can`t be the case.
            Only 5 games gone and was never going to be a stroll in the park this season.
            But at the same time Harry has been bewildering to say the least in his time with us.
            Would just like to see him pick our best side with the best formation for them and stick with it for a good run of games, and attack with real purpose.
            Instead it`s a different side with a different formation with no real idea what their job is every game.
            Also Hoddle seems to have had no noticeable impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
              One point off Man U and two off Liverpool after five games and you lot want to sack the manager!
              Awful comparison. You're talking as if they are both the teams they were long ago not the messes they are both now.

Better one for you. Southampton, Swansea, Hull. Similar size clubs who've built & invested well unlike ourselves.

Comment

We do have a style and seems to be we're not good enough, so defend for your lives and hope we don't concede too much.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  That young voyager is a smashing lad, a trrific fella. Been around these forums to fill the fans with bullsh it while I fill my pockets with money
                  Hey Chelsea fan is piping up again. Good draw against Man City or would you rather the win?
                  'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Awful comparison. You're talking as if they are both the teams they were long ago not the messes they are both now.

Better one for you. Southampton, Swansea, Hull. Similar size clubs who've built & invested well unlike ourselves.
                    Agree.
                    Is it a coincidence that all those clubs have come from league 1, rebuilt there, and have had in most cases back to back promotions with the same players and added slowly over time in the Prem? Also could add Norwich (I know they went down but had a good few years in Prem)and it`s looking like Wolves to that list.

Comment

Working...
                    X