Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR could be relegated to the Conference..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    Man City as well, Financial fair play rules bite at both ends of the Premier League table.
    Cheeky gits, what if we end up in the same end of the table, stranger things have happened, we are already higher in the table than their neighbours.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      I'd like to see the prem lge come out in support of us and other pl teams facing these draconian measures. Bottom line .....stop promotion and relegation between the
      prem and fl this season.....that'd put league clubs up in arms at their own organisation and hopefully bring common sense to the table.
      Just as a point of order ...where does this harvey bloke get off spouting about our finances when he has no idea what our figures will be, and he also has no planned
      punishment for these offences.
      When this was introduced there should've been a list of punishments, not some nobody northern monkey "theoretically" telling the world what he and his circus are going to do to
      EVIL QPR
      That was something similar to what I was going to post later on. The PL should be supporting clubs like QPR in this situation. It's all well and good having some sort of FFP rules in place, but these have to take into account the circumstances of relegated clubs and have a more reasonable sliding scale for the clubs to adjust their playing squads accordingly which will take far longer than one pre-season.

I would like to see the Premier League set up an emergency extraordinary meeting to discuss a No promotion/relegation rule until the Football League can introduce a proper workable plan on FFP rules and rescind any fines threatened on relegated clubs who cannot possibly meet the current ones.

There are plenty of Premiership clubs that would fail the current rules so this threat will apply to them also in the event of getting relegated. I bet Norwich and Fulham did not expect to go down last season, and neither will the likes of West Brom, West Ham, Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle etc this season, but if they do they will be just as likely as QPR to fail to stay within an £8M loss next season - it will possibly be even harder given that their income is more now than when QPR got relegated and the extra money they have spent on transfer fees and wages since.

Comment

I can picture this scenario, we get fined and dropped to the Conference. Rules will change soon after when they've reevaluated the rules again, knowing it was a rule that didn't make any sense. We'll expect to remain where they put us but who care's, we'll still be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Good to see we're not alone and now getting support from other PL clubs over these unfair rules, and urging the PL to take on the FL over it: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...lenge-4197679?
          It will take more than 2 years to fall in line.

What if relegated clubs have got 5 or 6 players on 40-80k per week contracts that they cannot shift? 6 players on just £40k per week is £12,480,000 per annum.

QPR had Cesar, Diakite, Zamora, SWP, Johnson, Hoilett all earning that or more that wouldn’t leave or the club were unable to move on. They also kept others like Green, Onuoha & Barton as they needed some of them to help the squad win promotion and selling them too would have incurred new costs in replacing them.

Stoke and at least 7-10 other clubs could find themselves in a similar situation next Summer if they get relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            It will take more than 2 years to fall in line.

What if relegated clubs have got 5 or 6 players on 40-80k per week contracts that they cannot shift? 6 players on just £40k per week is £12,480,000 per annum.

QPR had Cesar, Diakite, Zamora, SWP, Johnson, Hoilett all earning that or more that wouldn’t leave or the club were unable to move on. They also kept others like Green, Onuoha & Barton as they needed some of them to help the squad win promotion and selling them too would have incurred new costs in replacing them.

Stoke and at least 7-10 other clubs could find themselves in a similar situation next Summer if they get relegated.
            Wage Cap and all player contracts to have a reduction if any team get relegated.

The problem is not with the clubs but the rules themselves.

Comment

Wage Cap and all player contracts to have a reduction if any team get relegated.

The problem is not with the clubs but the rules themselves.
              Agree with sentiment but unless applied worldwide could see us going from having arguably best league in world to mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Agree with sentiment but unless applied worldwide could see us going from having arguably best league in world to mediocre.
                It needs to be done and put into place, this is the time for all football clubs to unite and fight this case once and for all.

Comment

Wage caps did wonders for the NFL, but obviously a significantly different reality when you are dealing with a sport with many different leagues.

Can't imagine the Manchesters and Madrid getting on board with it.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    That was something similar to what I was going to post later on. The PL should be supporting clubs like QPR in this situation. It's all well and good having some sort of FFP rules in place, but these have to take into account the circumstances of relegated clubs and have a more reasonable sliding scale for the clubs to adjust their playing squads accordingly which will take far longer than one pre-season.

I would like to see the Premier League set up an emergency extraordinary meeting to discuss a No promotion/relegation rule until the Football League can introduce a proper workable plan on FFP rules and rescind any fines threatened on relegated clubs who cannot possibly meet the current ones.

There are plenty of Premiership clubs that would fail the current rules so this threat will apply to them also in the event of getting relegated. I bet Norwich and Fulham did not expect to go down last season, and neither will the likes of West Brom, West Ham, Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle etc this season, but if they do they will be just as likely as QPR to fail to stay within an £8M loss next season - it will possibly be even harder given that their income is more now than when QPR got relegated and the extra money they have spent on transfer fees and wages since.
                    Totally agree stan.
                    It's unfair, unjust and unworkable. The FL will destroy clubs and ambition if they carry on with this, and it will have the opposite effect. Clubs will spend
                    like it's going out of fashion in January if they are in trouble, in order to try and avoid these ticking time bombs dreamed up by the FL.

Comment

It needs to be done and put into place, this is the time for all football clubs to unite and fight this case once and for all.
                      maybe it does, but that is not the answer to the current issue and as FurtiveFox says, it needs to be right across the board for it to have a chance of working.
                      Also as Harry Redknapp said, it is only fair play if all clubs have the same budget regardless of their income.

If Man Utd can spend £130M and Burnley £8M, how is that a level playing field?

As far as I (and many others) am concerned, if owners want to spend their own money (not loaned to the clubs) on buying and paying wages for players it is their own choice and at their own risk.

Comment

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area but I find this debate about FFP extremely interesting.

I just thought I'd add a few points to it if i may.

1. I read on this board either on this thread or on the unfortunately titled one from a fellow Burnley fan (sorry for that BTW) but every club has them, that some of your Fans were moaning that the FL were threatening you and not Man City. I may have misread/ misunderstood the point being made but the reason I believe is extremely obvious in that City weren't in the Championship last season and therefore not under the FL jurisdiction during the relevant financial year.

2. I've no idea wether the FL FFP rules are legal or enforceable on clubs outside of there comps or ones competing in them. That said they were agreed by all the Clubs in the Championship at the time and voted in. To that end surely when you apply to be a member of the Championship surely that is effectively you agreeing to adhere to all the rules laid down including the FFP one. Maybe I'm wrong on that but that's how I read it anyway

3. The FL having not taken you to court yet is not an indication of anything as your financial results have not been announced so therefore no one outside of your club knows wether you have made a loss that would gain you a fine. Although I would suggest that your chairmans and managers comments and just looking at your last couple of accounts suggests that you probably are going to get one.

4. Fairness of FFP for clubs relegated clubs I find a strange one I agree with the principle of it effectively though the 4 years of parachute payments are there to assist relegated clubs with the payment of excessive wages. I would say that if you can't afford to pay players between 40 and 80 grand on these payments then I'm not sure any club that is run prudently should be offering out such and if your club has then it should suffer the consequences agreed when entering the league.

Sorry for droning on no axe to grind wish your club well apart from against us and i hope the right result is got out of this whatever that may be.

Comment

You are welcome to post here jarrow, If you post politely
                          Your 3rd point is spot on btw. No one knows our figures outside of the board and therefore said Mr Harvey should mehmehmehmeh.
                          In my opinion this ruling by the FL will catch a whole host of clubs. Players cannot just be got rid of, their contracts are water tight, and no club is or can write off millions of pounds.
                          The size of these fines will send clubs into admin at best, how is that looking after member clubs?
                          Our manager offloaded about 14 players in the summer we went down and loaned out other big earners yet the FL have decided to chase us without taking this into account.
                          FFP will eventually stop QPR and Burnley ever getting to the top flight ......that to me and most people is not right. We don't owe money outside of our owners, so why should Tony Fernandes
                          have to pay a fine for trying to make his club better and able to compete to stay up?

Comment

Why is it only us that gets mentioned when it comes to FFP (in the context of going bust)? Maybe I'm paranoid but the media really hates us these days.

Id like to see a breakdown on what Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich have spent but with all these undisclosed fees its hard to know.

Clubs like Hull splashing out big transfer fees doesn't seem to bother anyone just because they have a shiny new stadium when other revenue streams like TV money etc are the real prize for prem clubs.

Comment

Will never happen as clubs are always looking to get an advantage over one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X