Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI for all ST holders interested in buying additional seats next to theirs

Just posting the following as I think it would be very useful to all:

As a season ticket holder, of course im interested in buying seats together at some of our home games (mates coming to visit london and are interested in qpr, etc). So I was hoping the box office do something like, put my ST seat back into the pre-sale/general sale, and hook me up with 2+ seats next to each other elsewhere in the ground.

After emailing the Box Office, I was told that I would have to buy the Super Hoop upgrade. which is like a membership but for existing ST holders so said person can get an extra seat. Key gap here is that the extra seat(s) would have no guarantee of being next to your seat.
    Alternative to this approach would be to borrow a client ref # from someone on this site. Though the seats would still not be next to each other...

which brings me to my hack solution:
    sell my ST seat on viagogo, and buy 2 seats next to each other on viagogo from another ST holder.

anyone know of any other logical ways to do it?
    mods, feel free to move this to the 'spare tickets' thread.
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

along this line as well, I am looking for any 2 seats next to each other for the Liverpool game
    Rangers Til I Die

Comment

I may have missed the point Arthur, but you appear to have over complicated it.

Firstly, how can one be certain that you would find adjacent seats on viagogo? Probably just as much chance of getting them from the box office directly. I believe it is possible to call the box office prior to the relevant game and ask for 2 tickets and only pay for one, releasing your normal seat back to the club. When a mate of mine had an operation on his ankle and couldn't get up the stairs easily for a time, the club simply swapped his seat temporarily for as long as he needed.

Secondly, I think it's quite likely that the ST holder may in fact want to go to the game and sit in his own seat, based on the fact that he has forked out hundreds of pounds up front for the privilege.

Why not buy 3 ST's next season with someone who has similar requirements. If either of you wishes to bring a guest, the seat is already available. If not, sell it for profit on viagogo, or for face value on here to someone like Marshy who could talk you through the finer points of the game as they happen.

Comment

IMHO, the whole membership situation for this season is a fiasco and not very fan-friendly. Arthur's situation illustrates it, as does mine, which is simpler in that I simply want to buy in the members pre-sale and bring another person to the match and sit with them. The only way I could make it reasonably work was to buy two memberships. Last season you could buy SIX tickets with one membership so why is it now only ONE? I can see that six is a lot but how about at least settling on TWO. The only reason for changing this that I can think of is a membership fee cash-grab. Very poor.

It seems pretty obvious to me that with the so called "SuperHoops upgrade" you would want the two seats to be together! If the club can't make that happen without having to go through viatickettout then I think that is also very poor.

Brightonr, very droll Marshy quip!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I have a ST and the dilemma described by Arthur has occurred, however by fortune last season a cure was found. My wife and child who are not ST holders decided to attend a game which is rare and clearly we all wanted to sit together but my seat is surrounded by ST holders so no chance.
          I called the BO by chance rather than going online and a very helpful bloke "listened" to my dilemma and said the club can buy back my ticket, so it's unavailable to me and gave me 3 tickets in a row in SA rather than ER. My ST was a gold as were the new seats so I just paid for my wife & child's .
          Suppose for the club it's win win as my season ticket seat has a great view so they (if demand) can get rid of it easily and they get rid of two extra gold.
          The issue is now prem and also a Liverpool game whether the club can be as flexible due to demand, 3 seats in a row against some clown club in the championship won't be as much in demand as 3 in a row against one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Firstly, how can one be certain that you would find adjacent seats on viagogo?
            because they are there mate. i did my homework before i started the thread. 2 adult in T block for £45 each for sunderland, 2 adult in SA F block for £29 each for villa, and more expensive for stoke and liverpool. Most results when you filter for 2 are for 1 adult 1 junior, so I reckon these finds of 2 adult together are husband wife ST holders who are away for the weekend. but point is viagogo has them (seat pairs) for nearly every game.

Probably just as much chance of getting them from the box office directly. I believe it is possible to call the box office prior to the relevant game and ask for 2 tickets and only pay for one, releasing your normal seat back to the club. When a mate of mine had an operation on his ankle and couldn't get up the stairs easily for a time, the club simply swapped his seat temporarily for as long as he needed.
            So my assumption on this one is that if this is a possibility, then Conor the BO rep who replied to my email and also picked up my subsequent phone call would have told me to try this. he didnt.
            Yes, come time for the announcement of Liverpool presale I will try it, but I reckon the BO dont want fans doing this. I reckon your mate was a special case with his injury. Where as for me, I'm just taking mates who want me to stop my nonstop ranting about how QPR are the best thing since sliced bread. (converting mates into qpr fans... that's God's work right there )

Secondly, I think it's quite likely that the ST holder may in fact want to go to the game and sit in his own seat, based on the fact that he has forked out hundreds of pounds up front for the privilege.
            Why not buy 3 ST's next season with someone who has similar requirements. If either of you wishes to bring a guest, the seat is already available. If not, sell it for profit on viagogo
            I think you make a good point about wanting to sit in my own seat. But considering I am bringing mates who are non qpr but fans of football in general, I'm willing to give up my seat if it means the BO can sort me out with any 2 that are next to each other.
            As for buying 3 STs, I defo dont have the £2,000 up front to pony up! and having to stress if your viagogo seats sell every week would be too much stress I reckon.
            Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
              I have a ST and the dilemma described by Arthur has occurred, however by fortune last season a cure was found. My wife and child who are not ST holders decided to attend a game which is rare and clearly we all wanted to sit together but my seat is surrounded by ST holders so no chance.
              I called the BO by chance rather than going online and a very helpful bloke "listened" to my dilemma and said the club can buy back my ticket, so it's unavailable to me and gave me 3 tickets in a row in SA rather than ER. My ST was a gold as were the new seats so I just paid for my wife & child's .
              Suppose for the club it's win win as my season ticket seat has a great view so they (if demand) can get rid of it easily and they get rid of two extra gold.
              The issue is now prem and also a Liverpool game whether the club can be as flexible due to demand, 3 seats in a row against some clown club in the championship won't be as much in demand as 3 in a row against one of the biggest clubs in Europe.
              very optimistic t block. maybe the phone method will work. like i said to brighton, ill give it a go come time... but it would just be nice to have it sorted well in advance, as most of these potential converts arent massively fussed and will just not bother if its a last minute situation.
              Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Working...
              X