No announcement yet.

Ned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting responses to the story because currently, I see our 3 centre backs as being Rio, Caulker & Dunne, so maybe Ned thinks the same and therefore there is legs in the story.

Ned is clearly much quicker than Dunne and Hill, but is a long way from reading the game as well, and his positioning is often questionable. I think he is potentially the future, and an improver, learning from the others, but also could be impatient to play regularly, so could be true.

Comment

The Chief is what we should be looking for, young, hungry, and wants to play for us he was outstanding last year when back in his rightful position of CB, Id like to see ned and Caulker as a CB pairing, he 's the future of this club,and I know Clint thinks he could be one of the best. and who's to say with the problems C Backs England have at the moment a good season could them both in the England reckoning really hope we dont cast him aside,

Comment

Without Ned we are hoplessely slow at the back. Can see him being the mainstay in a 3-5-2.

Comment

Taking into account the likely number of injuries (and suspensions) Ned is likely to be a fairly regular fixture even if RF and RD are first choices ahead of him.

Comment

my 1st choice would be Ned, Rio and Caulker, with Dunne and Hill as back up. If you take it that we'll have 40 games this season (this includes 2 x cup 1st round exits) that's 120 centre back places, assuming we play 2 cb every game.

I could see Ned and Caulker playing 30 each and Rio, Dunne and Clint playing 20 each.

In other words, they will all get enough games

Comment

It depends on whether we sign any more defenders.

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/trans...n-wls-football

Here's a slightly different report.

Comment

George Friend, a left back from Boro is linked to us again. Think its just papertalk(?) but could affect Nedum and QPR IF true.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/trans...lesbrough-star
                  Last edited by Shania; 13-08-2014, 10:40 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPRNY View Post
                    That article makes no sense. Ned will start in a back three with Rio and Caulker.
                    I agree.

I can't really see how he wont get much playing time this season because Hill and Dunne are not likely to be fit enough to be regulars in the starting line up, and possibly even Ferdinand who will be 36 in Nov, and perhaps won't be fit enough to play on a weekly basis.

Culker and Onuoha can learn a lot from Ferdinand Hill and Dunne and in a year's time can be QPR's starting CB's along with either Ehmer, Donaldson or a new signing.

Comment

Was a bit concerned when I saw Dunne line up in Ned's place on Saturday. Hope he gets a start against Spurs because we are going to need pace at the back.

Comment

Working...
                      X