Same old,same old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    Presumably these red herrings I throw in are things you personally don't agree with.
    Not at all; only that you keep throwing them in. What I happen to 'personally agree or disagree with' on here is irrelevant, yet you oddly seem fixated on believing otherwise.

PM me if you wish to continue this, as this thread has been derailed enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Likewise, TW could put everybody else on ignore.

And I quite like TW.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
        Not really sure how anyone can't be even slightly worried we so many problem areas.

Full/wing backs-We have two left sided players in Yun and Traore, one us still relatively untested even at championship level in Yun, the other Traore is injured every other game and sometimes twice in the same game and like Yun unproven at prem level where he has previously struggled. On the right side we have Simpson and if a system could suite a player less then I have yet to see it. Ok defensively in champ and might get away from it in the prem but going forward is absolutely useless.

Midfield-Thought Barton was excellent last night and will be a big player for us this season but even so we are badely lacking with no pace, physicality or creativity. Henry is average at best and Faulin has two recent serious injuries and struggled for mobility even before those. Neither SWP, Holliet or Phillips can play centrally so we have three wide players who are not only inconsistent but also pretty pointless for the system we intend to play.

Strikers-Cant believe how poor Austin has been in the friendlies, looks unfit and missed several good chances last night when he actually scuffed two chances when under no pressure. Our other striker Zamora, who should never have been given a contract, is surprise surprise injured again as he has been for the majority of his time with us. In fact the only time he hasn't been injured is towards the end of his contract when he needed it renewed !!!!

We not only have a real shortage of players the ones we have look off the pace, with no balance in the squad. It's all very well being careful not to be taken to the cleaners but Fernandes goes from one extreme to the other and now refuses to pay the going rate, unfortunately good players cost money. We are less than two weeks away from the start of the season, we were lucky to get promotion and have been given a reasonable start, as we are those early games will be wasted and we all know how hard it can be when you start poorly.

Liverpool finished top 4 and only really lost 1 player, albeit a good one, yet are looking to sign 9, us on the other hand lost what 15 and have signed 2!!!!
        This. Fa cking hell, Ricky. I'm depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Not at all; only that you keep throwing them in. What I happen to 'personally agree or disagree with' on here is irrelevant, yet you oddly seem fixated on believing otherwise.

PM me if you wish to continue this, as this thread has been derailed enough already.

In all fairness Stanley, far from derailing it, TW couldn't have kept more "on topic" if he tried, judging by the title of the thread.

Comment

In all fairness Stanley, far from derailing it, TW couldn't have kept more "on topic" if he tried, judging by the title of the thread.
            Very true mate, just not sure that's what poor old Gee had in mind.

Comment

Snip "..... It's all very well being careful not to be taken to the cleaners but Fernandes goes from one extreme to the other and now refuses to pay the going rate, unfortunately good players cost money. ......Snip
              Not being argumentative but where is the evidence of that? And what is "the going rate"?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                Not being argumentative but where is the evidence of that? And what is "the going rate"?
                I like questions like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

Why Red Herrings? Strange.
                  Anyhow, I am continuing this here as everyone needs to see it. It seems that the vast majority here can repeat an opinion ad nauseam without any backlash, whereas some, ie myself do it apparently and get pulled up for it. You say that they are giving an opinion about the club, and I agree they are, but I am just disagreeing with that opinion. Nothing wrong in that.
                  It seems a very un level playing field here at times, and as an admin you should try to remain impartial in this instance. It does not set a very good example, and maybe you should re evaluate your position.....just my opinion of course.

Comment

Anyhow, I am continuing this here as everyone needs to see it. It seems that the vast majority here can repeat an opinion ad nauseam without any backlash, whereas some, ie myself do it apparently and get pulled up for it. You say that they are giving an opinion about the club, and I agree they are, but I am just disagreeing with that opinion. Nothing wrong in that.
                    It seems a very un level playing field here at times, and as an admin you should try to remain impartial in this instance. It does not set a very good example, and maybe you should re evaluate your position.....just my opinion of course.
                    TW. Please give it a rest.

Nobody cares what opinions other posters hold within reason. What irritates people is when some, when asked to refrain from doing so, insist upon trotting out the same old lines, time after time after time.

Let's face it, it really can't be much fun annoying people for the sake of it. The vast majority of us fully understand your views upon our transfer dealings. Therefore, there is no requirement for you to keep telling us.

If, as you seem intent on doing, you persist with this nonsense, you will find that suddenly, all your posts will require authorisation, prior to appearing on the forum.

Choice is yours.

Comment

If, as you seem intent on doing, you persist with this nonsense, you will find that suddenly, all your posts will require authorisation, prior to appearing on the forum.
                      You can't treat a posh person like that!
                      Pillars of the empire, etc.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        You can't treat a posh person like that!
                        Pillars of the empire, etc.
                        Too bl oody right mate!!!!

Comment

Not really sure how anyone can't be even slightly worried we so many problem areas.

Full/wing backs-We have two left sided players in Yun and Traore, one us still relatively untested even at championship level in Yun, the other Traore is injured every other game and sometimes twice in the same game and like Yun unproven at prem level where he has previously struggled. On the right side we have Simpson and if a system could suite a player less then I have yet to see it. Ok defensively in champ and might get away from it in the prem but going forward is absolutely useless.

Midfield-Thought Barton was excellent last night and will be a big player for us this season but even so we are badely lacking with no pace, physicality or creativity. Henry is average at best and Faulin has two recent serious injuries and struggled for mobility even before those. Neither SWP, Holliet or Phillips can play centrally so we have three wide players who are not only inconsistent but also pretty pointless for the system we intend to play.

Strikers-Cant believe how poor Austin has been in the friendlies, looks unfit and missed several good chances last night when he actually scuffed two chances when under no pressure. Our other striker Zamora, who should never have been given a contract, is surprise surprise injured again as he has been for the majority of his time with us. In fact the only time he hasn't been injured is towards the end of his contract when he needed it renewed !!!!

We not only have a real shortage of players the ones we have look off the pace, with no balance in the squad. It's all very well being careful not to be taken to the cleaners but Fernandes goes from one extreme to the other and now refuses to pay the going rate, unfortunately good players cost money. We are less than two weeks away from the start of the season, we were lucky to get promotion and have been given a reasonable start, as we are those early games will be wasted and we all know how hard it can be when you start poorly.

Liverpool finished top 4 and only really lost 1 player, albeit a good one, yet are looking to sign 9, us on the other hand lost what 15 and have signed 2!!!!
                          Some really good analysis their rick and pretty much how I feel. Alot of it relates to this new formation imo. We would look so much more balanced with a back 4 formation.

I dont worry to much about friendlies atm and especially ones like last night when it was our reserve and youth tea, pretty much. As for charlie again wouldn't look to much into that that other than he's a little rusty at present.

But we lack quality atm and we are 2 or 3 first 11 players short of being competitive. We then need a further 2 or 3 for the squad - if not then we are bang in trouble imo.

Comment

Too bl oody right mate!!!!
                            I think Kirill was being ironic......

Comment

Plenty wrong with it when you do it constantly for quite literally years on end.

It clearly seems we need to highlight some of your totally unsubstantiated claims TW.

Firstly, this has nothing to do with your views being in the minority, and everything to do with them being repetitive for literally years. I dont know how many times that needs pointing out to you.

Secondly, again it has nothing whatsoever to do with your views not "towing the party line", whatever your fantasy of what this 'party line' is.

Thirdly, your attempt to now throw red herrings into your defence as a way to divert attention from the above is patently obvious to all the mod/admin team.

Hope that's all finally clear to you.

So as not to further derail the thread you were asked to continue this via PM, but you chose to ignore that. Once again, please do so if you insist on dragging this out.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                I think Kirill was being ironic......
                                ...but I am posh mate! well, not really, but in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

Comment

Working...
                                X