Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WATCH LIVE: LEYTON ORIENT v QPR (KICK-OFF 7:45PM BST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wants to people to think we'll be playing 3-5-2, but will surprise Hull and go 4-3-3.

Comment

I was there last night, I guess we were ok. Was pleased to see us playing one up front with two wider guys behind him, whether you call it 541 or 343 or whatever. The standard 352 setup needs a really strong number 10 and we just don't have one, unless we play you know who. Also, having SWP drifting to the right took some of the onus off Danny Simpson attacking down that side, as Simpson is never a wing-back and is a clear weak link in this setup (ignore the fact SWP is terrible, I'm talking in terms of system here; it'll be Phillips in that position when the season starts).

It's more a question of coaching than players though. our squad is pretty poor by premier league standards, especially without Adel or Remy, but no worse than many other sides who have had perfectly good PL seasons, finishing 14th or so.

We need to stop this TF and Arry-encouraged idea that 'more players!!!1' is the answer to everything. Everyone who played for us last night is capable of playing in a team as opposed to a bunch of 11 men. But I haven't seen us look like a really good team under Redknapp, at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
        I was there last night, I guess we were ok. Was pleased to see us playing one up front with two wider guys behind him, whether you call it 541 or 343 or whatever. The standard 352 setup needs a really strong number 10 and we just don't have one, unless we play you know who. Also, having SWP drifting to the right took some of the onus off Danny Simpson attacking down that side, as Simpson is never a wing-back and is a clear weak link in this setup (ignore the fact SWP is terrible, I'm talking in terms of system here; it'll be Phillips in that position when the season starts).

It's more a question of coaching than players though. our squad is pretty poor by premier league standards, especially without Adel or Remy, but no worse than many other sides who have had perfectly good PL seasons, finishing 14th or so.

We need to stop this TF and Arry-encouraged idea that 'more players!!!1' is the answer to everything. Everyone who played for us last night is capable of playing in a team as opposed to a bunch of 11 men. But I haven't seen us look like a really good team under Redknapp, at any point.
        Excellent post mate and so true. People are so spoilt these days at Rangers. New team every season or they are kicking right off. Madness. A couple more players would be great, but its not a life changing necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Excellent post mate and so true. People are so spoilt these days at Rangers. New team every season or they are kicking right off. Madness. A couple more players would be great, but its not a life changing necessity.
          A couple more players and we have a squad of about 16. Don't think it's people expecting a new squad each year, the reason we keep finding ourselves in this position is the clubs previous business dealings. We had a shed load of loans and expired players leave, plus a few dead weights who are just not good enough.
          We need players to make us competitive and anyone who thinks 2 more is enough is crazy imo. We lack quality and depth all over.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            A couple more players and we have a squad of about 16. Don't think it's people expecting a new squad each year, the reason we keep finding ourselves in this position is the clubs previous business dealings. We had a shed load of loans and expired players leave, plus a few dead weights who are just not good enough.
            We need players to make us competitive and anyone who thinks 2 more is enough is crazy imo. We lack quality and depth all over.
            Excellent post mate and so true.

Comment

Were we that far behind liecester or burnley till chaz got injured last season?
              Is there that much of a difference between us and them?
              I think not, and are they spending millions and building a whole new squad?
              Again i think not.
              If remy was here last season, would we of done better than both, i truly think so.
              Im ooot.

Comment

Three at the back last night consisted of Caulker playing at right back,Dunne playing centre half and Emmer playing left back..Orient when attacking kept finding lots of space between those three players which ended with Green constantly waving his arms and seemingly complaining about the HUGE gaps that our three backs gave them by playing so far apart..lots of work needed in training if we are to adopt this system this season.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Spot on. We simply don't have a decent enough depth in the squad to survive as we are now and are only around 2 weeks away from the opener against a team that will have already played in a European competion.

Comment

Again i think not.
                    If remy was here last season, would we of done better than both, i truly think so.
                    Im ooot.
                    Both teams have their squads in place and are adding to it. We don't...

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                      Three at the back last night consisted of Caulker playing at right back,Dunne playing centre half and Emmer playing left back..Orient when attacking kept finding lots of space between those three players which ended with Green constantly waving his arms and seemingly complaining about the HUGE gaps that our three backs gave them by playing so far apart..lots of work needed in training if we are to adopt this system this season.
                      Come the start of the season it'll be Ned, Rio and Caulker playing at the back....
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Both teams have their squads in place and are adding to it. We don't...
                        We dont and we WONT!
                        Just a question, but is there any way in the football league rules a club could request to not go up after doing so? Could we swap with someone else and stay back down. Cos we are so so so doomed , im honestly worried that if we do play in the prem in our terrible situation we could have loads of self harming r's , or god forbid even worse, mass suicides.

Comment

We dont and we WONT!
                          Just a question, but is there any way in the football league rules a club could request to not go up after doing so? Could we swap with someone else and stay back down. Cos we are so so so doomed , im honestly worried that if we do play in the prem in our terrible situation we could have loads of self harming r's , or god forbid even worse, mass suicides.
                          Impossible to debate with you when you get so sarky and emotional

Comment

Its even harder to debate when people are making out its the wednesday before the first game of the season, when even stevie wonder can see we will have at least four new players in the next three weeks. So touche mate.

Comment

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

Again i think not.
                                Im ooot.
                                Burnley and Leicester have much better settled squads then ours. They haven't lost 12 odd players have they.
                                They also had squads with players with pace youth on their side. They both also went up looking pretty decent I would say personally we just about scrapped it and that was fantastic but out of all 3 we are the ones with the most work to do.
                                We need a big rebuild imo but if the right players are brought in this time then this doesn't need to happen again .
                                But anyone who thinks we are nearly there squad wise and are happy with the likes of swp and Henry to play a leading role then God help us.

Comment

Working...
                                X