Phil Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    I just think the communication between TF and manager has been an issue for the entire time TF has been at the helm. I think our business history demonstrates this.

Beard should be the link, but Harry & TF are experienced players with separate agendas and I'm not sure Phil is up to it. Not hindsight, said so a while back.
    It cracks me up when people make comments like this sayiing Phil Beard isnt up to it.... based on what exactly...???! Since TF came in, we have probably had more comings and goings than any other club, most of which would fall on the plate of Phil Beard in his position. I would suggest the fact he's facilitated so many ins and outs without wavering would suggest he is perfectly up to the job.

Some people seem to think transfers are totally down to him so blame him for inactivity or when players go elsewhere, choosing to ignore the fact he will be working within strict guidelines based on the owners' say so.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      It cracks me up when people make comments like this sayiing Phil Beard isnt up to it.... based on what exactly...???! Since TF came in, we have probably had more comings and goings than any other club, most of which would fall on the plate of Phil Beard in his position. I would suggest the fact he's facilitated so many ins and outs without wavering would suggest he is perfectly up to the job.
      Forget facilitation, look at results and look at the accounts. He has some responsibility in both areas, since his job as a negotiator mediates both. I don't think we've done great business with him in situ. I think there is plenty of evidence to support that argument. It isn't an easy job given TF HR etc, but results are what everyone is paid to achieve. Maybe we can agree that the jury is out on this one.

Comment

Forget facilitation, look at results and look at the accounts. He has some responsibility in both areas, since his job as a negotiator mediates both. I don't think we've done great business with him in situ. I think there is plenty of evidence to support that argument. It isn't an easy job given TF HR etc, but results are what everyone is paid to achieve. Maybe we can agree that the jury is out on this one.
        If you truly, honestly believe that Phil Beard has free reign to decide what wages players get offered then you are seriously delluded. No offence meant by that by the way, but the owners will be giving him instructions based on who it is etc as to how much he can go up to in the negotiation. It's their money, not PB's, so they'll be dictating terms and he is effectively just the middle man.

Comment

If you truly, honestly believe that Phil Beard has free reign to decide what wages players get offered then you are seriously delluded. No offence meant by that by the way, but the owners will be giving him instructions based on who it is etc as to how much he can go up to in the negotiation. It's their money, not PB's, so they'll be dictating terms and he is effectively just the middle man.
          Depends on what the set up is. I might be wronf but if beard is CEO, wirh out doubt he will have a huge say in how the club is run and where finances are spent. The chairman and co owners are the source of financing but the CEO in most companies will be trusted in the allocation and dealings.
          I dont know whats going on behind the scenes, I expect a lot and I think as fans we are in a weird place with QPR atm and all find ourselves contradicting ourselves because of the state the club got themselves in.
          Me personally if I was the CEO or owner of QPR right now I wouldnt be happy, as I would feel like we are starting the season in two weeks and we are at present not fully prepared or equipped to hit the ground running.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Depends on what the set up is. I might be wronf but if beard is CEO, wirh out doubt he will have a huge say in how the club is run and where finances are spent. The chairman and co owners are the source of financing but the CEO in most companies will be trusted in the allocation and dealings.
            I dont know whats going on behind the scenes, I expect a lot and I think as fans we are in a weird place with QPR atm and all find ourselves contradicting ourselves because of the state the club got themselves in.
            Me personally if I was the CEO or owner of QPR right now I wouldnt be happy, as I would feel like we are starting the season in two weeks and we are at present not fully prepared or equipped to hit the ground running.
            Yeah of course i agree with that, but a football club isn't like anything else though is it. When individual emplyees are earning maybe £4m per annum and potentially siginng contracts committing the business to £16 / £20m over its duration, it's a wildly different kettle of fish. Also I think given the fact TF is anything but a silent chariman, it is far more likely he will be pulling PB's strings when it comes to signings.

All other business matters, such as marketing, sponsorship and ultimate administration would cllealy be PB's responsibility.

Comment

Yeah of course i agree with that, but a football club isn't like anything else though is it. When individual emplyees are earning maybe £4m per annum and potentially siginng contracts committing the business to £16 / £20m over its duration, it's a wildly different kettle of fish. Also I think given the fact TF is anything but a silent chariman, it is far more likely he will be pulling PB's strings when it comes to signings.

All other business matters, such as marketing, sponsorship and ultimate administration would cllealy be PB's responsibility.
              No thats a fair point - there aren't t many business like running a prem league team.

Comment

If you truly, honestly believe that Phil Beard has free reign .
                christonabike, I was at pains to point out that going between Harry & TF was a tricky one... I basically pointed out exactly what you said in this thread and other Beard related ones, I still have issues with his performance.

Comment

christonabike, I was at pains to point out that going between Harry & TF was a tricky one... I basically pointed out exactly what you said in this thread and other Beard related ones, I still have issues with his performance.
                  Not being argumentative, but issues about what?

The massive kit deal with Nike? Or did someone competent sort that out?

As for Beard being the link between TF and HR, surely they can speak to each other, so I'm not sure which bit he's "not up to".

Comment

Not being funny, but if anyone seriously thinks not having Beard as CEO would be better than having him, think you need a trip to the funny farm. Without him, we a) wouldnt have signed the likes of Austin, Barton, Remy, Simpson etc. (You could argue we also wouldnt have signed bosingwa and all the other flops, but ill counter that right now by saying that there isnt a club on this planet that hasnt made a bad signing, fact), and b) there would be no talk of new stadiums/training grounds.

Still, people need a scapegoat right? Lets get Beard out and get Ali Russell back in, that'd be brilliant.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

i actually think id make a good ceo at qpr!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Think the Funny Farm must be full Ginge.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          Think it's common knowledge that Beard takes care of transfers. Harry will give him a name and he will do the negotiations.
                          Perhaps you should try and listen to Tony Fernandes then...

Comment

Why exactly do people think PB isn't very good, how exactly do you know, do you honestly think you would fair better in todays ridiculous world of footballers and agents. If TF didn't rate Beard then Beard would be gone end of, I think he acts with dignity and professionalism and has made a success of his life, doing what he does, like turning the O2 around into a profitable arena. If come August 15th we have no more new players then **** him off but until then pipe down and give the bloke a ****ing chance !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              Why exactly do people think PB isn't very good, how exactly do you know, do you honestly think you would fair better in todays ridiculous world of footballers and agents. If TF didn't rate Beard then Beard would be gone end of, I think he acts with dignity and professionalism and has made a success of his life, doing what he does, like turning the O2 around into a profitable arena. If come August 15th we have no more new players then **** him off but until then pipe down and give the bloke a ****ing chance !
                              Well said Kit.

Think we know the answer though, just too polite to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                                Perhaps you should try and listen to Tony Fernandes then...
                                Perhaps you shouldn't listen to the bloke giving you info. BOOOOOOOOOOM

Comment

Working...
                                X