No announcement yet.

Troy Deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prices are inflated though - thats just the way it is for strikers especially english ones. If you want one you go to stump up.

Comment

Liecester told to up bid to ten million pounds.
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...10million.html

My brother aint a chauffeur but i can safely say that we are not even in for him whatsoever anymore and never will be again at that money.
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 23-07-2014, 12:22 AM.

Comment

big money at 10 mill but id let leicester do all the hardwork and then match their bid, I think he'd be a very good buy but thats just me.

Comment

Anything over 5 million for Deeney is madness. Leeds have set an example for the summer with the McCormack sale.

Everyone blames the amount of foreigners playing football in this country for the national teams failure. Maybe, if lower league domestic clubs didn't ask for such silly amounts, clubs wouldn't go abroad.

You could probably get Hernandez from United for around 8-10 million if Van Gaal doesn't fancy him. He'd offer something we don't have and is a far better option than Deeney. Another player, I'd prefer to Deeney is Joel Campbell from Arsenal. Hooper would probably cost around 6 million and for me is a better option.

We lack pace up front, I'd like to see us bring in someone who's got a bit of pace and or a poacher type. Seeing as Leicester are signing about a million centre forwards, I wouldn't mind us banging in a bid for Jamie Vardy. He's as raw as they come, a bit like Mackie but Vardy is a decent goalscorer.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Young & hungry is all well & good if they're good enough. Nobody is moaning about his age or attitude that I can see, just his ability relative to that price tag.
            But the market drives the price mate. Its like buying a house most houses are not worth over 500k but if the market is inflated and you want a house then you either pay over the top or you downsize and look at something smaller which your not so keen on. Same applies in transfer market

I think we have learnt from the apst and if we are paying such an amount for a playet I would like to think it would be structured on apperances and goals etc not a flat rate. Signing these alleged young hungry players comes with just as much risk as signing an older pro in my book for me we should sign the players that fit what we are after

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              But the market drives the price mate. Its like buying a house most houses are not worth over 500k but if the market is inflated and you want a house then you either pay over the top or you downsize and look at something smaller which your not so keen on. Same applies in transfer market

I think we have learnt from the apst and if we are paying such an amount for a playet I would like to think it would be structured on apperances and goals etc not a flat rate. Signing these alleged young hungry players comes with just as much risk as signing an older pro in my book for me we should sign the players that fit what we are after
              Fair commenst but there are far better options than Deeney at a better price available - as previous posts on this thread. I'd be disappointed if we signed Deeney for that much money tbh.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

10mill for Deeney? Ok hes a good player, scores goals, but 10mill? Stay well away at that price Rangers, ridiculous.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Re-wind three years and the same posters demanding the board trump a bid of £10m for Deeney - yes, that's £10m - would have been demanding we spend vast sums on Jermaine Beckford, Danny Graham and Hooper. Graham tore the Championship (and us) apart - available now for £1m having failed in the Premiership, as most Championship players do. Am all for buying British but look where that got Brits in the seventies - loads of folk used to buy an Austin Allegro Vanden Plas for more money than a BMW, but sadly everyone came to the conclusion that you get much better value buying abroad. I don't blame Championship clubs for trying to get their slice of the Premiership pie. If Prem clubs don't develop their own talent, that's their fault. But the result is we would be crazy not to look abroad. Our much vaunted scouts need to find the next Loic Remy.

Comment

Buy two quality midfielders for £4.5m each and sign Frazier Campbell for £600k and you got a far better squad than if u'd of spent the money on Deeney.

Comment

• Frazier Campbell has come up alot on few threads. I dont know an awful lot about him so have no idea if he is up to the task. Guessing few people think he is??

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Frazier Campbell has come up alot on few threads. I dont know an awful lot about him so have no idea if he is up to the task. Guessing few people think he is??
                        Certainly was prior to injury I couldn't honestly say what he is like now.

Comment

• Rememeber him being on loan from Man Utd to Hull and he banged them in but other then that I dont really recall him scoring anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Rememeber him being on loan from Man Utd to Hull and he banged them in but other then that I dont really recall him scoring anywhere
                            Scored 9 for Cardiff last year so not too shabby but hardly prolific.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• For me other then his price I personally dont think he ticks the boxes but perhaps if I looked bit more into him i might change my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Re-wind three years and the same posters demanding the board trump a bid of £10m for Deeney - yes, that's £10m - would have been demanding we spend vast sums on Jermaine Beckford, Danny Graham and Hooper. Graham tore the Championship (and us) apart - available now for £1m having failed in the Premiership, as most Championship players do. Am all for buying British but look where that got Brits in the seventies - loads of folk used to buy an Austin Allegro Vanden Plas for more money than a BMW, but sadly everyone came to the conclusion that you get much better value buying abroad. I don't blame Championship clubs for trying to get their slice of the Premiership pie. If Prem clubs don't develop their own talent, that's their fault. But the result is we would be crazy not to look abroad. Our much vaunted scouts need to find the next Loic Remy.
                                Agree totally.

Personally, if they're gonna blow £10m, i'd rather a cheeeky bid for Hernandez at Utd. Been out of favour and lacked form last year so may be surplus and available for a lower amount. If playing regularly im sure would find the lethal form he initially showed at Utd. He has some of the best movement of any striker in the prem imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X