Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Germany will lose the final now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil were really bad in defence without Silva, and have had no significant presence in midfield or upfront throughout the tournament is the way that I have seen it. Too much reliance on Neymar. Germany are obviously good, but not seven goals good enough to hand out the same to whoever they meet in the final.

In the last sixteen World cup finals, seven out of eight winners have been won by the team that had the best GD in the group stages (the other eight were tied). Germany have five and Argentina have three. Holland have seven. And if they win through tonight, will most likely be the longer 2nd fav which would tempt me to back them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      Germany winning with this ridiculous score is the worst thing that could have happened to them right now IMHO.
      Surely losing the game would have been worse

Comment

On a more serious note I think it will fire them up to complete the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          Germany winning with this ridiculous score is the worst thing that could have happened to them right now IMHO. Just too much euphoria, either Argentina or Holland will not have it easy tomorrow night and whoever goes through will exhibit a more serious and thorough approach in the final.
          Dont see it that way myself. They have basically had a practice match it was so simple, have been able to give key players a bit of a rest also and they get an extra days rest anyway.

Argentina and Holland could well go to pens imo and be a really hotly contested match with no love lost.

Germany are far too professional to get complacent because they thrashed Brazil. They kow like everyone how bad Brazil's performance was and their defence was non existent. They know the final opposition will be chalk and cheese no matter who they face.

Comment

Working...
          X