Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rio isn't only a good defender, he talks a good game!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • californiahoop
    Silver Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 4932

    #1

    Rio isn't only a good defender, he talks a good game!

    I say bring him in!
    Kept the faith!
  • Kirill
    W12 Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 19359

    #2
    No.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

    http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

    How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

    Comment

    • acricketer
      Platinum Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 12068

      #3
      No.

      Comment

      • West Acton
        CCG
        • Dec 2009
        • 21475

        #4
        You know what that's a cracking point. I listened to him yesterday and like when Gary Neville speaks on sky thought to myself you actually know what your on about and make sense. If you had Nedum beside him and him talking the defence through the game it could actually work out quite well.

        From a no im in two minds now as you can see he would bring more to the plate then just defending. Last two season in prem what we really missed was prem league players who knew their craft and had earned their stripes

        Comment

        • Nick
          Gold Seat
          • Oct 2013
          • 5593

          #5
          Another bloke who knows what he's on about is Danny Murphy. Agree about Rio, I actually quite like him on the panel and I really thought I wouldn't.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

          Comment

          • californiahoop
            Silver Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 4932

            #6
            Originally posted by West Acton
            You know what that's a cracking point. I listened to him yesterday and like when Gary Neville speaks on sky thought to myself you actually know what your on about and make sense. If you had Nedum beside him and him talking the defence through the game it could actually work out quite well.

            From a no im in two minds now as you can see he would bring more to the plate then just defending. Last two season in prem what we really missed was prem league players who knew their craft and had earned their stripes
            My thoughts exactly and maybe someone like Micheal Mancienne to partner Dunne as a back up second pair and we are sorted, Nick I also agree, I thought it would lots of, " you get me" but the man knows his onions.
            Kept the faith!

            Comment

            • Factamondo
              You know when you've been factamondoed!
              • Mar 2009
              • 37198

              #7
              have to say rio has really impressed me with his obvious knowledge of defensive matters.....would i like him for a season or two...........without a shadow of a doubt!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

              Comment

              • QPRWeRTogetheR
                Apprentice
                • May 2014
                • 59

                #8
                Originally posted by californiahoop
                My thoughts exactly and maybe someone like Micheal Mancienne to partner Dunne as a back up second pair and we are sorted, Nick I also agree, I thought it would lots of, " you get me" but the man knows his onions.
                Agree wholeheartedly with this thread. I thought Gary Neville would be a rubbish pundit due to preconceptions then he comes on Sky with some blinding insights. I have felt the same with Rio. It's obvious to see their Fergie football analysing brain and it would be great to get Rio on board.

                Manicienne would be a great shout and from playing in the Bundesliga he would have an even greater footballing brain. Plus, Rio would give that defensive coaching which will be so valued in the Premiership.

                Comment

                • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                  Gold Seat
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 8957

                  #9
                  Would be a great signing for twelve months considering we have to old men at CB as much as I love them.

                  Comment

                  • QPR Richard
                    Gold Seat
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 6489

                    #10
                    Have to disagree with some on here. Just because he talks a good game doesn't hide the fact he's 35 pushing 36, and has a back that is so bad he had to stand up on flights going to champs league games. Some people are too easily swayed by a bit of chat!

                    Still, crack on lads hoping we sign old injured players, but don't whinge if HR brings in a load of them.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

                    Comment

                    • Kevin Mcleod
                      Referee
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 17322

                      #11
                      Blokes a brilliant footballer who loves the game and playing it, so many deluded rangers fans on here its unreal. Would be an amazing signing.

                      Comment

                      • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                        Gold Seat
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 8957

                        #12
                        Yea. Ok d!ckie

                        Agree kevin
                        Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 15-06-2014, 06:07 PM.

                        Comment

                        • MYU
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 43466

                          #13
                          Originally posted by West Acton
                          You know what that's a cracking point. I listened to him yesterday and like when Gary Neville speaks on sky thought to myself you actually know what your on about and make sense. If you had Nedum beside him and him talking the defence through the game it could actually work out quite well.

                          From a no im in two minds now as you can see he would bring more to the plate then just defending. Last two season in prem what we really missed was prem league players who knew their craft and had earned their stripes
                          I agree but it all comes down to wages, what would be the lowest he'd go?

                          Also comes down to how many games he will play?

                          Comment

                          • West Acton
                            CCG
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 21475

                            #14
                            Originally posted by MYU
                            I agree but it all comes down to wages, what would be the lowest he'd go?

                            Also comes down to how many games he will play?
                            Well it for us to say if you come this is what were prepared to pay take it or leave it. that's the only deal I would do this is the offer think about it and sign if it appeals. Also the onus is on him if he is generally interested not to price himself out a move begs the question how much does he want to be back in London which is the suggestion if so there are prob only two options us or West Ham possibly Palace

                            Comment

                            • Nick
                              Gold Seat
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 5593

                              #15
                              Originally posted by californiahoop
                              My thoughts exactly and maybe someone like Micheal Mancienne to partner Dunne as a back up second pair and we are sorted, Nick I also agree, I thought it would lots of, " you get me" but the man knows his onions.
                              'You get me' so true that's exactly what I thought he was going to be like.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                              Comment

                              Working...