Clint willing to sign new deal even if he plays less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint willing to sign new deal even if he plays less

“Before, I was 33 and I needed games. I’ve now played 150 games for QPR and I never thought I’d do that.” Hill told West London Sport.

“I’m at that age now where it’s got to be about the future. I’ve been a first-team regular for 20-plus years and you get to the stage in your career where you think maybe that will change now.

If players come in here with the right attitude and mentality and want to play for the club then happy days – I’ll stand back and applaud them. It’s all about the future of the club and it progressing. If I can do something in the background to help with that then I will.

It was a fairytale and something I didn’t think would ever happen to me. The play-off final was my 150th game for QPR and if that game turns out to be my last, then I really can’t complain. If I do walk away from this club I can do so knowing that as a group of lads we did our job, which was to get the club back to where it should be.”

David McIntyre interview: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...-team-football

Top man Clint I have had full respect to him since the 2012/13 when we went down as he was one of the few players giving 100%.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Great guy. Hope he's taken on after he retires. We need people like him.

Comment

I hope the club can offer him a player coach role and prepare him for a future role as a manager.

He will also be useful as a squad player who can come on in the side as cover or as a late sub if needed to sure up a defence.

Comment

Sign him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Sign him up.
            top man is clint.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Top Pro.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                “Before, I was 33 and I needed games. I’ve now played 150 games for QPR and I never thought I’d do that.” Hill told West London Sport.

“I’m at that age now where it’s got to be about the future. I’ve been a first-team regular for 20-plus years and you get to the stage in your career where you think maybe that will change now.

If players come in here with the right attitude and mentality and want to play for the club then happy days – I’ll stand back and applaud them. It’s all about the future of the club and it progressing. If I can do something in the background to help with that then I will.

It was a fairytale and something I didn’t think would ever happen to me. The play-off final was my 150th game for QPR and if that game turns out to be my last, then I really can’t complain. If I do walk away from this club I can do so knowing that as a group of lads we did our job, which was to get the club back to where it should be.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...-team-football
                I f**kin love Clint....for me him and Derry were the catalyst that changed this club from hopeless under achievers to winners...best two signings this club have made in the last 10 years

Comment

Clint gives everything he's got for QPR. Absolute legend in my book.

Comment

Anyone else getting a vibe that he could be off?

Comment

I thought that after seeing his interviews on the pitch at Wembley

Comment

Would love him to stay in some capacity, however if he feels he wants to maybe drop down a division to get a few games then i'm sure he'll go with everybody's blessing.

Comment

Agree with every single person!!!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

As great a servant as he's been, this is the time to move on with regards to the squad. He isnt good enough for the prem. If they find some sort of role at the club in the background for him then great, but if not, what a way to finish.

Comment

Love Clint, I hope he does sign up again. He has surpassed all expectations since we signed him, long may that continue. Would love it if he was offered a coaching role.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2