Harry on SSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry on SSN

Just said having anither meeting today to discuss the players out of contract.

Said a few very hard choices to make but we need new players or we will struggle near bottom all year. Reading through the lines I think not many of the 18 will get new deals.
    Honesly think the we wont see the likes of zamora or doyle here, far to good of a opportunity to get them off the wage bull imo and believe the club will take that chance to use the funds elsewhere.

also said no chance of jonson or lampard but would love any of lescott, williams or rio.

I expect this meeting will be a tough one for all parts concerned.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I think it probably went something along lines of following:

'It's hard. They are world class lads, the right sort. Play proper football. We need to make room though so I can get Tony's cheque book out. Don't want to go for anyone too young. The Premiership is a hard league. We'll get some real grafters in, players who know their way around and are the right sort. Somebody like Alan Shearer would be great. A good sort, right age. He may even be looking for a club. World class lad, likes to play proper football.'

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        I think it probably went something along lines of following:

'It's hard. They are world class lads, the right sort. Play proper football. We need to make room though so I can get Tony's cheque book out. Don't want to go for anyone too young. The Premiership is a hard league. We'll get some real grafters in, players who know their way around and are the right sort. Somebody like Alan Shearer would be great. A good sort, right age. He may even be looking for a club. World class lad, likes to play proper football.'
        I even read that hearing his voice. I certainly don't feel like I need to watch the interview now, so cheers for that.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          I even read that hearing his voice. I certainly don't feel like I need to watch the interview now, so cheers for that.
          What month do you think harry will be sacked by weare? before chrimbo?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Just said having anither meeting today to discuss the players out of contract.

Said a few very hard choices to make but we need new players or we will struggle near bottom all year. Reading through the lines I think not many of the 18 will get new deals.
            Honesly think the we wont see the likes of zamora or doyle here, far to good of a opportunity to get them off the wage bull imo and believe the club will take that chance to use the funds elsewhere.

also said no chance of jonson or lampard but would love any of lescott, williams or rio.
            I hope we don't go in for Rio, he is not as fast as he was and the wages will be to high for a club like us.

We should have a new low wage but include a nice win/goals/assist/clean sheet bonus.

It's sure going to be tough for Harry and the board, it's not like the players give a toss about us. They leave when they want and stand around if they don't want to play, it's about time the club cover themselves.

Comment

Time for the board to act as if they they are running their businesses and not a championship manager game.
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                Time for the board to act as if they they are running their businesses and not a championship manager game.
                Be careful what you wish for, they'll offer 5 to 10k per week.

Comment

Judging by that interview I'd say Rio, Lescott and Williams are all on his radar. Personally I wouldn't sign Rio but Harry loves him and I've said all along he'll end up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    Judging by that interview I'd say Rio, Lescott and Williams are all on his radar. Personally I wouldn't sign Rio but Harry loves him and I've said all along he'll end up here.
                    That would be the end of Dunne and Hill if those three came in, Rio may have lost some pace but still a TOP player.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                      That would be the end of Dunne and Hill if those three came in, Rio may have lost some pace but still a TOP player.
                      "Top, top player with a triffic history. Fantastic lad who knows his way around. Would be a great signing the lads a top, top player!" Said harry
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

cant see all 3 coming in but reckon atm williams and rio theres a real chance of them coming. Would give us 4 cb imo of ned, williams, dunne and rio which isnt to bad. Could see hill being a coach next year.

Comment

You can't tell me you would disappointed with Ferdinand and lescott at centre back next year? I think Ferdinand would work hard for Harry out of his respect for the manager. Williams would be great but can't see him wanting to come here. Lansbury would be a good signing as well. I would like us to go in for Ross McCormack as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsomeRanger View Post
                            You can't tell me you would disappointed with Ferdinand and lescott at centre back next year? I think Ferdinand would work hard for Harry out of his respect for the manager. Williams would be great but can't see him wanting to come here. Lansbury would be a good signing as well. I would like us to go in for Ross McCormack as well.
                            I am really not too keen on signing Ferdinand, but you really bring up an excellent point here. Under Hughes, I think most were in for a final payday, but there is the respect factor under Harry. Everyone is always looking to get paid, but they would work harder under Harry. I said in another thread that I would love Lansbury from Forest. I also think Leeds has some quality players, and since they are in dire straights, there are some to pick up.

Comment

It's not about respect, I'm thinking about getting beaten and the wage cost?

Did anyone watch Rio last year, how did he do?

Comment

Working...
                              X