No announcement yet.

Our youngsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These "youth" players seem to have been around for quite a number of years now.

If they can't get on the pitch in their mid twenties for us, they've not much chance elsewhere.

We don't do homegrown.

Comment

Not sure what Soton and Fulham are doing that we donīt?

Ps. Crewe and Dario Gradi used to do it.
      Last edited by Shania; 01-06-2014, 08:42 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

No disgrace in Hitchcock not getting a regular spot in Rotherham team..both strikers Raevel and Thomas looked the part in play-off semi and final that I watched.
        Raevel in particular looks a handful and would have been a good buy for the future if they had missed promotion..too much money now.

Comment

"You dont win anything with youngsters"

Rubbish. Get some of them in during games this season. Harriman was more than capable at Anfield end of season before last. If we dont play/integrate them, then whats the point of an "academy"?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
            We don't do homegrown.
            If TF is serious re long term that culture has to change.

It is the only way to long term financial stability.

Development is the most important policy bar none.

Comment

Developing youngster is something we need to more often just dont know how many atm would grace the premier league. Too many of us would soon turn if the performances go wrong imo. Alll good saying chuck them in the deep end but I dont see the point unless they are genuinely exceptional or like lallana theyve already shown something at least at championship level.
              Harriman, hitchcock and petrasso are still to show that. Think a season in the championship would od them all good and give us a chance to see their true potential. The premier league is a far more unforgiving place to experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                I hope we don't bring in youngsters on Loan, without giving ours a chance first!!
                Don't wanna see players like Will Keane taking up a loan place next season.
                I agree, but given that young players do not count as part of the 25 man squad, I would like to see the likes of Petrasso, Donaldson, Ehmer, Sutherland, Harriman etc being sent out on loan to Championship clubs between August-October to get a taste of football at a higher level than Leagues 1 & 2. then they can return and get to make a few apps in the team playing Premiership football.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I agree, but given that young players do not count as part of the 25 man squad, I would like to see the likes of Petrasso, Donaldson, Ehmer, Sutherland, Harriman etc being sent out on loan to Championship clubs between August-October to get a taste of football at a higher level than Leagues 1 & 2. then they can return and get to make a few apps in the team playing Premiership football.
                  Its a shame sutherland got such a bad injury as he genrally has a lot of potential. A season in the championship could be the making of him.

Comment

Working...
                  X