Our youngsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our youngsters

Now that we have won promotion to the promised land, no one is mentioning our youngsters any more. Bring that player and the other and the other......and where are our own youngsters? Petrasso, Donaldson, Ehmer etc. Do they stand a chance now we are a Premier club? I very much doubt it. Harry seems that he do not rate our young players highly enough, now even more that we're in the Premier!

That's cause we have a lot of kneejerk supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Now that we have won promotion to the promised land, no one is mentioning our youngsters any more. Bring that player and the other and the other......and where are our own youngsters? Petrasso, Donaldson, Ehmer etc. Do they stand a chance now we are a Premier club? I very much doubt it. Harry seems that he do not rate our young players highly enough, now even more that we're in the Premier!
      Make your mind up is it us not talking about our young players or are you blaming 'arry, who you don't even know if he will play any youngsters or not...Young players don't have to be named in the 25

Comment

Young players don't have to be named in the 25 squad....agree. However we seemed to forgot that a few weeks ago we were pushing for some of our youngsters to be given a chance. Now we are only mentioned new players, that will only limit the chances of the young players even more. Harry is not one that built on young players as this may damage his reputation. One every now and then will not harm the team I'm sure.

Comment

Donaldson was brought in, petresco looks like he might have a chance but the others are a mile off prem standard, remember Hitchcock championed by so many couldn't get in a league one side.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            Donaldson was brought in, petresco looks like he might have a chance but the others are a mile off prem standard, remember Hitchcock championed by so many couldn't get in a league one side.
            Yeah but when he did he scored goals, tough one, I would give him a two Yr contract with an option of a third then send him to Brentford for 1/2 season then go from there. He is a goal scorer, we have to give him every chance.
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Yeah they could do with a decent run in the champs and see how we go from there. No point in chucking them in if they aren't up to it....Let's wait and see, they may play a part who knows

Comment

The problem is the lack of pace throughout the side which means this time round any squad additions will have to feature some younger players. TF seems to have grasped this in his most recent interview which is good news. If you're good enough, you're old enough (as Southampton demonstrated).

I don't think we're going to see many coming in whose best days are obviously behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  The problem is the lack of pace throughout the side which means this time round any squad additions will have to feature some younger players. TF seems to have grasped this in his most recent interview which is good news. If you're good enough, you're old enough (as Southampton demonstrated).

I don't think we're going to see many coming in whose best days are obviously behind them.
                  I hope we don't bring in youngsters on Loan, without giving ours a chance first!!
                  Don't wanna see players like Will Keane taking up a loan place next season.

Comment

I was about to start a thread about Tom Hitchcock. I think we should keep hold of him but send him on season loan to a good Champioship or even If Rotherham are still interested to keep him.
                    Last edited by Yousef; 01-06-2014, 06:18 AM.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Not one of our own youngsters, but Emyr Huws, 21 years of age and from Wales, is alledgedly a very talented midfielder who played for Birmingham on loan from Manchester C. parts of this season.
                      I seem to remember that a few posters on this Messageboard had him as Birmingham´s best player against us ??
                      How good is he?? Potentially, good enough for our squad?
                      Last edited by Shania; 01-06-2014, 07:40 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Going to p*** some off but don't think we got a youngster glood enough to start for us this year at
                        . Maybe petrasso off the bench.

As for not bringing in many players don't think we have much choice to bring 6 or 7 in at least with the amount of players out of contract.

Comment

QPR B Team anyone? (only joking!)

Comment

We had a fantastic youth player in Raheem Sterling but had to sell him on. In the prem it is so difficult to get youngsters who can step up.

Comment

In a few years time, we can probably call them "the lost generation". I hope not, ofcourse!
                              Last edited by Shania; 01-06-2014, 07:54 PM.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X