Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
    Very good player.

If you was offered a job say in Dubai for 100k a year, would you stay in England for 30k a year? Being a footballer is a job to these people like you and I have to work, I know I would always go who was offereing me the most money in any career choice I make. Don't forget these players stop playing in their mid/late thirties so why wouldn't you spend a year chasing the money to better your life?
    As if he was only getting offered the equivalent in England though? For me personally quality of life comes before money. I can double my earnings if I want but then what's the point if I miss my kids growing up?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      yep good player but he turned his nose up at us once before, would rather use the 10mil on caulker. we are desperate for a young center back. england international to boot.
      These are the type of players we should be after. M'Villa maybe a good player, but what matters if he thinks that he is bigger then the club? We should know by now that to reach the highest height of the premier is very difficult, so our aim should be to stay in the Premier this coming season and consolidate by each season. We should start to learn how to walk before we start running!

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
        Very good player.

If you was offered a job say in Dubai for 100k a year, would you stay in England for 30k a year? Being a footballer is a job to these people like you and I have to work, I know I would always go who was offereing me the most money in any career choice I make. Don't forget these players stop playing in their mid/late thirties so why wouldn't you spend a year chasing the money to better your life?
        Speak to people at ground who think players should only ever want to play for Rangers and nobody else. JB for example, a scouser, so no ties to our club, would he really want to play for our club in the championship or Champions League in a team that will thrive in their league. A no brainer if you are a profesional footballer imho. Barton has been my player of the season and plenty I've spoken to wouldn't have had him anywhere near our club this season.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
          As if he was only getting offered the equivalent in England though? For me personally quality of life comes before money. I can double my earnings if I want but then what's the point if I miss my kids growing up?
          Totally agree mate. Could drop dead tomorrow and miss out on family time cos of work. Footballers priorities are different I guess.

Comment

It's a balancing act. Of course other aspects as well as money is important. Everyone, not just footballers, have to balance these accordingly and personally haven't got any reason to think that footballers in general are doing the wrong thing.

Comment

Lucky escape with M'Villa

http://www.givemesport.com/452528-li...n=outbrain-rss
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Definately looks a wrong 'un that boy.

Comment

had a choice last year of prem league (best league in the world) and a good wage or russian league(shyte,cold and lots of racism) ton of money.

he chose the money so hope he is made to serve out his remaining 3 year sentance over there.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                    Well doesn't that apply to Cesar then? He was nicely settled in London and seemed to be enjoying life here. Why he should give up a tonne of money and move to some random club/country to satisfy some shoulder-chipped QPR fans is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                      Well doesn't that apply to Cesar then? He was nicely settled in London and seemed to be enjoying life here. Why he should give up a tonne of money and move to some random club/country to satisfy some shoulder-chipped QPR fans is beyond me.
                      Because he had a poor game at Villa (where he wasn't 100% fit) and all of a sudden became one of the main scapegoats for a poor season the club had. Never mind all the other games where he kept QPR in games or helped win points. He had some poor games, but he had more good ones, yet these got forgotten.

Comment

Right age, ability, has some pace. But there's another box to be ticked. The badge. I'm not so sure about that.

It isn't racism or xenophobia - I still think AT could work for us with the right guv'nor - it's just that the culture of English football demands a very special type of commitment. Ned has it, for example.

Comment

Working...
                        X