Harry on Bobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry on Bobby

Sky reporter: Did it cross your mind to take Bobby off when we went down to 10 men?

Harry: "No, no I wouldnt have taken Bobby off because he can hold the ball, he can allow you to get up the pitch and he's up there with the best players in the country at doing that as a target man who brings people into play and as you saw in the wigan game he's fantastic. When Bobbys fit and he is fit now, he's back to his best, he's a really good player and I'm sure he'll be a good player next year for the club"

More: http://www.player.qpr.co.uk/latest-n...play-off-final

I'm glad it seems we will be giving him a contract extension...

Forget about wembley - he proved his worth in The home game against Wigan

A fit bobby is a very dangerous impact sub

Comment

As long as his deal is renegotiated to a more sensible incentive based contract then I dont think any of us could argue about keeping bobby. But he needs to be brought down to 15 k mark all day long.

Comment

Agree would not object to him getting an extension if fit and as long as its on reduced terms. If they can achieve that then thinks hes worth a place in the squad

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Harry: "...I'm sure he'll be a good player next year for the club"
          I'm quite happy for him to stay as long as it fits in with this new sensible approach the owners kept talking about.

Comment

I think Bobby has ended up doing "A Heidar".

Average (at very best) at first.... only to become a very valued member of the team.

Defo would keep him as an impact sub if his hip holds up.

Comment

Well he has been in a good form since March so give him one year contract but with reduced wage.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Think we'll just have to accept that Zamora, once he was fit, has been a great asset to us.

His recent performances have been really very good and what most of us would have expected from the start. I have been as critical of him as anybody, but there was always a nagging doubt in my mind as to if it was a fitness issue.

What I don't understand at all though, is if a player is clearly unfit and has no chance of performing anywhere near to his capability because of it, he was picked in the squad so often.

Well, thinking about the alternatives Harry got on board in January, I have sort of answered my own question.

Comment

He can sit in an armchair and watch from the sides if need be, he's earned it.

Comment

He is now in QPR folklore forever...give the man a new contract.

Comment

Yep, his credit is good for ................... Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                        I'm glad it seems we will be giving him a contract extension...

Forget about wembley - he proved his worth in The home game against Wigan

A fit bobby is a very dangerous impact sub
                        He proved his worth (when fit)against Middlesboro and Forest that helped QPR win games that were heading for draws.

I would give him a new 1 year with option to extend just as a reward for his contribution in the play-offs. If he can stay fit (and it's a big if), he can be a good impact sub in the Premiership as well.

Given that the club wants stability and doesn't want to spend silly money, keeping Zamora might not be a bad choice. Hopefully it will be an offer on reduced terms (with a big bonus based on goals, apps and QPR staying up).
                        Last edited by stanistheman; 27-05-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Think we'll just have to accept that Zamora, once he was fit, has been a great asset to us.

His recent performances have been really very good and what most of us would have expected from the start. I have been as critical of him as anybody, but there was always a nagging doubt in my mind as to if it was a fitness issue.

What I don't understand at all though, is if a player is clearly unfit and has no chance of performing anywhere near to his capability because of it, he was picked in the squad so often.

Well, thinking about the alternatives Harry got on board in January, I have sort of answered my own question.
                          I have always thought it was a fitness issue with him. to be fair, he has looked totally unfit for most of his contract at QPR, but since March, he has shown us what he is capable of doing.

Comment

to be fair, Harry has said all along, that a fit Bobby Z was important to us.

Without him, we wouldn't have even got to Wembley!

Comment

Working...
                            X