No announcement yet.

matty phillips......starter or squad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wingers need attention imo, have done all season but summer is a good chance to do it.

Hoilett/Phillips/Traore/SWP - their stats as a group - must have about 80 starts between em this season and about 8 goals maybe the same in assists - them numbers are pretty ugly for 4 winger/strikers and Matty aside they are Hughes signings so the wages will be contributing to all the headlines about big spending QPR.

I dunno the details but I guess if SWP is out of contract and Traore left or moved back to LB/WingBack then there are two spaces available
    but TBH it still depends on who the alternatives are -
    Townsend and Ince for example who are young and look good and have experience in England would likely improve things...
    Some wunderkid from timbucktoo and a reserve from italy would likely just make things worse

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      maids it has to be that way for me....harry may unearth the odd overseas 'gem' ala a benjani and sucklike but i want predominately british squad!
      I think harry will set us up long term. This might be his last season but hes going to do this properly and if you listen to the way he speaks he knows the previous mistakes made by the club and has always said it wouldnt happen under him and it hasnt in all fairness. He's galvanized the squad and will want to keep the spirit its taken a year and bit to build so cant see him going heavily down the foreign route.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
        Wingers need attention imo, have done all season but summer is a good chance to do it.

Hoilett/Phillips/Traore/SWP - their stats as a group - must have about 80 starts between em this season and about 8 goals maybe the same in assists - them numbers are pretty ugly for 4 winger/strikers and Matty aside they are Hughes signings so the wages will be contributing to all the headlines about big spending QPR.

I dunno the details but I guess if SWP is out of contract and Traore left or moved back to LB/WingBack then there are two spaces available
        Townsend and Ince for example who are young and look good and have experience in England would likely improve things...
        Some wunderkid from timbucktoo and a reserve from italy would likely just make things worse
        Agree massively. Massively important position for us to get right. Cant rely on hoilett, no end product and loses the ball to often. We cant afford to be hit on the counter as much as we have done this year from his mistakes, we wont get away with it as much. Traore is good squad player but wouldnt start him. Phillips if fit can hold his own, strong quick and good delivery. Unfortunately we only started to see the best of him when he just got over the injury he joined us with and then bad luck for him and us he got another nasty injury.

Ince or townsend would be class signings. Theres good players in the championship now like craig noone, will buckley, snodgrass all good options too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post

didnt warnock sign swp/traore???
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

didnt warnock sign swp/traore???
            yeah oops brain fart there, but either way i think the general point is right
            that the 4 wingers have not adding enough to the attack this season and a couple of changes would bring more bang for the outlay on wages they get,
            but need to get the replacements right too

Comment

agreed zebs...wingers are in general providers and ours sadly ,in the main,lacked in that dept!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Id sell hoilett, release his big wages, not renew beanryou or swp and go and get two top wingers form the championship.

Comment

agreed zebs...wingers are in general providers and ours sadly ,in the main,lacked in that dept!
                  we definitely need more creativity next year if we are going to stay up.

Comment

I wouldn't say denfinley a starter but want to see players like him to be given the chance rather than cheap overrated foreigner. British is the way to go

Comment

definitely start him

Comment

Yes yes yes defo a starter. Have missed him a lot since he's been out.

Comment

Starter once fit.
                          Last edited by Yousef; 26-05-2014, 12:40 PM.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                          X