How will Harry play it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Harry play it?

Got some big decisions to make Saturday if everyone's fit? Left back? Who gets the job in the hole Morrison or nico? Stick with o'neil with Barton or plays Carroll/jenas? Going to be a few upset players that can't even make the bench. Will mat Phillips get on bench or too soon? Think Zamora Doyle and murphy on it and nico if Morrison starts but then have Henry, yossi, yun, Carroll if o'neil plays, bae,Hughes? No point mentioning the loan two forwards as their pony. Lets hope he gets it right. Think be team that played Wigan away pacey.

I wonder in training if we have ever tried a 3 centre back formation, Clint, chief, dunne, with Simpson and traore as wing backs, Morrison, Barton and nico in midfield, and Charlie and Zamora up front. Harry is a bit old school so I doubt it, but I bet Maclaren would have looked at it. Solves the left back issue, and gives us a compact midfield, think it works.

Comment

Not gonna be a game to take risks. Can see it being a cagey affair for the first 30-40 mins.

I think this kind of game is made for Ravel but I also think Niko gives us a bit more than him so I can see him starting. Barton & Henry for me although I think O'Neill will get the nod again.

Yun LB if available with Charlie up top on his own to start.

You do know JJ & Phillips are long term injuries right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
        I wonder in training if we have ever tried a 3 centre back formation, Clint, chief, dunne, with Simpson and traore as wing backs, Morrison, Barton and nico in midfield, and Charlie and Zamora up front. Harry is a bit old school so I doubt it, but I bet Maclaren would have looked at it. Solves the left back issue, and gives us a compact midfield, think it works.
        Played 3 at the back away to charlton & we were awful.

Comment

We need to keep it tight for the first 20/30 mins as I believe we will be on the back foot. Very similar to wigan game... oneil and barton in the middle for me....id also bring zamora in and drop hoilett for morrison.

Comment

not even thought about the team since last monday!

I expect harry will be his usual cagey self and start with O Neil in Midfield.

Comment

Green
              Simpson Ned Dunne Hill
              Doyle Barton O'Neil Hoilett
              Niko
              Austin

that was it last time out and I think a repeat is the safest bet. I'd start yossi for doyle myself, he was looking fckn excellent last few games of the season

Comment

Doyle in the right was an awful move. Glad we adjusted quick. Can't see him going with that again.

Comment

Think BAE could start. Derby play 433 and RW Ward could be too much of a handful for Hill. Plan B is long ball if we go behind as like happened against wigan.
                  Last edited by Olly; 19-05-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hill will get slaughtered. Love him but big no no for me.

Sorry! :(

Comment

We have to drop Dunne. Liability for me against Derby's Pace. I know Clint isn't much better but i think him next to chief is the best move with Yun and Simmo at full back

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Doyle in the right was an awful move. Glad we adjusted quick. Can't see him going with that again.

I cant see doyle starting....not after zamoras effort the other night.... think Harry will go either austin on his own or if he did opt for two up top zamora gets the nod.

Think hill will start cant see him dropping him unless hill has a quiet word with harry....but i still have faith in hill if he plays, you know he wil leave everything on that pitch and we will need that saturday.....

I think its midfield which hard to call - when niko played firther back more central I thoguht he controlled the game, we need to get him there again, so maybe a middle 3 of barton kranj oneil and two wingers in morrison and hoilett/benaryou with austin up top.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                          Green
                          Simpson Ned Dunne Hill
                          Doyle Barton O'Neil Hoilett
                          Niko
                          Austin

that was it last time out and I think a repeat is the safest bet. I'd start yossi for doyle myself, he was looking fckn excellent last few games of the season
                          and it was a disaster until Harry changed the set up.

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                          Hill will get slaughtered. Love him but big no no for me.
                          he can only work as a CB in a deep back four - we're too slow to press high. Yun has to play.

It has to be Simpson Ned Clint Yun, pretty much by default. Doyle absolutely no, wouldn't start BZ either.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

he can only work as a CB in a deep back four - we're too slow to press high. Yun has to play.

It has to be Simpson Ned Clint Yun, pretty much by default. Doyle absolutely no, wouldn't start BZ either.
                            I agree with this! Hill, I think will start, hopefully not at LB but at CB! Dunne played OK in the semis and was huge down the stretch in extra time so does Harry break up the Chief/Dunne pairing just to make sure The Skipper starts?
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

The lineup depends on one critical strategic question: do we start fast to get, then defend a lead OR do we grind it out the first half so we can add speed and punch in the second. If the first strategy, start Ravel Hoilett Traore and Yun. If the latter, still start Ravel and Hoilett while reserving a more injury-prone Traore Yun and Zamora for the finish

Comment

Working...
                              X