Seeing loads of people trying to shift tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing loads of people trying to shift tickets

On messageboards and twitter. Me thinks some have been greedy and bought more then they needed when they initially went on sale

Can't believe the amount of mates unable to attend Saturday

Some may end up getting there fingers burnt financially

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    On messageboards and twitter. Me thinks some have been greedy and bought more then they needed when they initially went on sale

Can't believe the amount of mates unable to attend Saturday

Some may end up getting there fingers burnt financially
    Rife out here in Dubai mate cos none of us are season ticket holders. Everyone had plans A, B and C and most of us have had more than one of them come in. Spent 4 days trying to help people out with tickets and the the last day and a half trying to help people get shot of spares. Cant help but think the club could have had a better policy, all far too staged, would have been better offering larger amount to members and season tickets from day one and putting the remainder on general sale quicker. On the plus side, everyone I know who wants a ticket now has one!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 19-05-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Rife out here in Dubai mate cos none of us are season ticket holders. Everyone had plans A, B and C and most of us have had more than one of them come in. Spent 4 days trying to help people out with tickets and the the last day and a half trying to help people get shot of spares. Cant help but think the club could have had a better policy, all far too staged, would have been better offering larger amount to members and season tickets from day one and putting the remainder on general sale quicker. On the plus side, everyone I know who wants a ticket now has one!
      So your plan is to give ST holders the exact same benefits as someone who signed up for a £10 membership in March, that'll go down well

Comment

Could be right about sales policy but if they changed it there would have been equal amounts of other people complaining. I'm not sure there is a perfect way as Derbys way seemed odd too

From what you have said you have genuine reason to cover all bases but sense on twitter people bought just because they could although they had no one who wanted it in advance

Comment

People buying loads of tix without any forethought of who is going to use them is plain daft.....serves them right if they get stuck with them!!!

Comment

Still some great £76 pound tickets available in block 205, plus a fair few cheaper options,whoever wants a ticket should get them.

Comment

I helped a guy on Twitter get two tickets with my Members reference number on Sunday (he was worried it wouldn't go to GS) and now the poor bloke can't make it because of work commitments so had to find someone to buy them off him today. Luckily enough found another QPR fan in need and they're sorting the payment out tomorrow then I need to meet with whoever it is to give them the tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                So your plan is to give ST holders the exact same benefits as someone who signed up for a £10 membership in March, that'll go down well
                Not what I said is it mate?!!

My point is we had nearly 40,000 tickets and because they were drip fed into the market, people panicked and tried a lot of avenues to get them. A better policy would have been to have released a greater number earlier, obviously with season tickets getting first priority and members second!

Comment

A lot of people have been buying tickets and selling them on, or allowing people to buy using their reference numbers.

In either case, can those who are doing this say for sure that in every case those tickets are for QPR fans? Are they being bought by touts or Derby fans?
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

What's it matter as long as the tickets go to R's fans. The only I gripe I have is not being able to sit with a group of mates.

Comment

I don't have one!

Comment

Got no sympathy with people who bought more than they needed, what was the point? I needed a few tickets, got mine and then passed my client ref on to other fans who needed a ticket. 40,000 was more than enough for our club.

Comment

People will still shift them.

It's sold out & people are still after them. Supply & demand.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            People buying loads of tix without any forethought of who is going to use them is plain daft.....serves them right if they get stuck with them!!!
                            I bought 2 extra, mainly because I'd preferred to see the tickets get into the hands of real fans before touts when they go on general sale. As it turns out a guy in my village was after a couple so I now know a fellow local Ranger as well as helping him and his dad get tickets. It wasn't hard to look on his Twitter and see he had been posting about QPR for years.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              A lot of people have been buying tickets and selling them on, or allowing people to buy using their reference numbers.

In either case, can those who are doing this say for sure that in every case those tickets are for QPR fans? Are they being bought by touts or Derby fans?
                              Got 12 and all 12 are rangers.all sold for face value. share the love fellow hoops!!
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X