3,060 Rangers at Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil77 View Post
    The stand, when apparently completely full with every seat taken, holds 4,800 with unreserved seating. So 3k seems about right, give or take a few hundred. Overall, as a Wigan ST holder, I thought there was over 16,500.
    Considering you're a Wigan fan, I thought you'd know the away end actually holds 5,400.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
      A bit different from the view I had from my seat.

[IMG]Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        Considering you're a Wigan fan, I thought you'd know the away end actually holds 5,400.
        It's because I'm a Wigan fan I know capacity is reduced by 10% for unreserved seating and another few hundred seats were removed to help with segregation/getting on the pitch. I also know every team that comes believe they bring far more, as fans standing makes the stand look fuller than it is when looking down and across.

In the Premier League most of the bigger teams were limited to 4k to 4.5k, and with everyone seated, you'd be mistaken for thinking it was at its absolute capacity.
        Last edited by Phil77; 10-05-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

This is a family stand that is ususlly 70% full for League games with families, schools, groups etc. Because of the way revenue is split and tickets distributed, many either could not attend or had to purchase regular full price tickets.

Comment

This is a family stand that is ususlly 70% full for League games with families, schools, groups etc. Because of the way revenue is split and tickets distributed, many either could not attend or had to purchase regular full price tickets.
            Phil, I'm not making judgements. To be fair, every local we spoke to yesterday were absolutely lovely, friendly people. One guy who chatted to us outside the ground at about 2:30, had just popped down to buy his ticket. He did tell us though that he had only just decided to go.

I suppose the simple fact of the matter is that Wigan folk are simply more into their Rugby than their Football.

Comment

It's because I'm a Wigan fan I know capacity is reduced by 10% for unreserved seating and another few hundred seats were removed to help with segregation/getting on the pitch. I also know every team that comes believe they bring far more, as fans standing makes the stand look fuller than it is when looking down and across.

In the Premier League most of the bigger teams were limited to 4k to 4.5k, and with everyone seated, you'd be mistaken for thinking it was at its absolute capacity.
              We had reserved seating Phil and sold over 3,000 tickets by Wednesday. I'm not arguing about numbers though, was anywhere from 3-3,500.

Comment

Phil, I'm not making judgements. To be fair, every local we spoke to yesterday were absolutely lovely, friendly people. One guy who chatted to us outside the ground at about 2:30, had just popped down to buy his ticket. He did tell us though that he had only just decided to go.

I suppose the simple fact of the matter is that Wigan folk are simply more into their Rugby than their Football.
                You forgot to mention he had to stop as you had stalled the car in front of him as you had blocked the road!

Comment

Originally posted by SULLY048 View Post
                  You forgot to mention he had to stop as you had stalled the car in front of him as you had blocked the road!
                  Thanks for that, mate. I hadn't actually stalled it though, I just couldn't release the brake.

What was funnier, that or the estate agent?

Comment

Lol

Comment

too be fair to fulham that was one of their better away followings at wigan!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Hope to see more noise from QPR fanst at Loftus Road.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                        X