Going up? The bad news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going up? The bad news...

Most of you will be aware of FFP and the degree to which our insane board merrily transgressed limits. Like our championship wage bill being higher than Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund. Whatever you think about FFP, everyone in football knew that it was coming a long long while ago. We meanwhile carried on regardless, becoming in hock to Barclays PLC in the process.

And now sanctions have been announced: £50 million for Citeh and PSG. If we go up, we'll be in for a hit of around £30-40m, possibly more. If we don't, current income will effectively be halved along with an embargo.

FFP's legality is being challenged in the courts but it is my no means a gimme.

I said on here a while ago that for development reasons alone, going up (and the inevitable retention of Harry) might not be such a good thing. And now there is the financial sanction looming. Unless we have a spare £50m kicking around we might be better of spending a couple of more years down below building our team from the bottom up (with a young manager) instead of the top down. QPR are by far the club most vulnerable to financial meltdown if FFP kicks in, not least because we are already in £65m worth of debt.

What is the solution?

the owners will deal with it.

Comment

FFP: an explanation.

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
      the owners will deal with it.
      nice irony.....

Comment

All sounds really fantastic on the eve of a humongous game.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          FFP: an explanation.

nice irony.....
          seriously people worrying about ect just let the owners deal with it, whatever happens they will sort it .

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            This is the long term reality, unfortunately. What contingency plans have the board made in the event of FFP being enforced?

I wont hold my breath.......

Comment

At the Forum TF and Beard said they had done there research regards FFP and had it in hand im not worried at all

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                At the Forum TF and Beard said they had done there research regards FFP and had it in hand im not worried at all
                Why does that not re-assure me?

Comment

Give it a rest till after Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Give it a rest till after Monday.
                    The fines are breaking news. All over the Citeh forums as they are taking it large style. The again they can afford it, and their signings paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Unbelievable init?....
                      Btw hal9 The Mail reckon PSG will only get a £20 mill fine.....so you can have a worry about that now...Platini and his anti English leanings

The Solution?...How about we go into admin, get docked 200 points get relegated 4 divisions, then you probably wouldn't post here, and the FA and FFp bods will ignore us....that's a solution!

Comment

Add to that the fact that currently the fines/punishments being threatened are by UEFA for Champions league teams, I think you will find the EPL is a way off attempting to implement anything domestically.
                        City, for their part in it all are a very long way from accepting UEFA's proposals and there is a very strong prospect that the entire issue will be challenged at the International Court of Arbitration for Sport - probably sometime circa 2020 by the time all the technicalities and paperwork/red tape is thrashed out

Sorry, I should have added that in this Country, the FA are more than well aware that there are issues of restraint of trade to be resolved, as well as third party investment and redistribution of debt issues that will most likely preclude them from acting rashly with the suggested enforcement of FFP in its current form.

Having said all of that, I agree with the sentiments of most against the original OP - let the money men worry about it because there's nothing we can do to change what's happened and/or will happen in due course
                        Last edited by Bluehoop; 08-05-2014, 05:40 PM.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

It is very strange, the FFP is designed to stop clubs going into debt yet they want £50m as a fine.

I think they could punish clubs in other means like limiting the amount of transfers that take place etc. but I think a huge fine will only put clubs into more debt which defeats the object.

Comment

Going up and the sales of Remy and Taraabt will get us circa £120m.

Plenty left over for 9 or 10 mid thirties players to bolster our wage bill!

Anyway, we're gonna smash four past Wigan tomorrow and look forward to playing Stoke next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              the International Court of Arbitration for Sport - probably sometime circa 2020 by the time all the technicalities and paperwork/red tape is thrashed out
                              Actually it will almost certainly be beyond their remit. This seems a sound legal opinion.

Dave - I was probably down LR while you were still having you arrrse wiped and have a life outside this forum - so unlike you I only post if something concerns me about the running of the club. It's called democracy. If you're interested in the club's long term future you shouldn't just assume the men in suits have it all in hand. Ask the supporters of one of Harrry's old clubs.

As for selling Remy and Taraabt - that's great if we have a creative mid field and an international strike force. Unfortunately however.....
                              Last edited by hal9thou; 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X