Nearly 900 Sold already for Wigan away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    Can't agree with that I'm afraid JJB. Money, yeah I'll give you that one, if you can't afford it then nothing you can do. Being dull this season and it being on Sky is a terrible excuse though. I bet people will go to the final even though we've been dull and it's on Sky.
    Wembley is in London. Wembley is a one off. Can't compare that to a Friday night in Wigan which is 300 miles away can ya?

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
      Wembley is in London. Wembley is a one off. Can't compare that to a Friday night in Wigan which is 300 miles away can ya?
      Not very loyal though is it? Where do you think the team needs more support? A Friday night in Wigan or at Wembley? I'll tell you now, coming out at the DW and seeing the away end full will do more for the players than at Wembley.

Comment

Backing your manager and buying tickets is a completely different ball game! TF has been stung a lot when buying tickets and being let down, yet people moan when we take the smaller allocations. It's only the fans to blame.
        Backing your manager and paying someone like Andy Johnson 50k a week is a different ball game and probably one of many reasons why people can't be bothered to go to Wigan on a Friday night !

We will probably end up taking around 3500 to Wigan midweek for a club our size that is excellent support
        We Are The People.....

Comment

Not very loyal though is it? Where do you think the team needs more support? A Friday night in Wigan or at Wembley? I'll tell you now, coming out at the DW and seeing the away end full will do more for the players than at Wembley.
          Then the club should of provided free travel to get as many people up there as possible
          We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
            Then the club should of provided free travel to get as many people up there as possible
            Free travel isn't always the answer though is it. Look at Forest, although admittedly that was a poor fixture to choose with the time of year etc.

You can't win really. People don't like coaches and prefer trains etc. You could subsidise tickets but it's only 20 quid anyway, so making them a tenner isn't going to make much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
              we had 2,000 in ibiza !!!!

Comment

Agree that free travel is not the answer for many of us. Living away from W12 means you have to get there to pick up a slow coach and return back in the small hours, still needing to complete your journey when public transport is shut down. Parking costs and availability is prohibitive so many of us make our own way, without using Club coach travel. 100% certain such an offer would not increase the volume of support. Didn't use the free travel on Boxing day for all the above reasons but it didn't stop me going - simple thing is, if people can afford to go and want to go - they will go
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Free travel isn't always the answer though is it. Look at Forest, although admittedly that was a poor fixture to choose with the time of year etc.

You can't win really. People don't like coaches and prefer trains etc. You could subsidise tickets but it's only 20 quid anyway, so making them a tenner isn't going to make much difference.
                  For me and the lot I go with we would never get on an official coach were going to go anyway but some people who are unsure and worried about getting back , don't want to pay for a hotel etc free coaches would of been ideal and would of been a decent gesture by the club

We would never take more than 800 to Forest on Boxing day with it being live on sky anyway but I'm sure it added a few more by providing free coaches

1998 we took 4k to Port Vale and the club provided free coaches and that was when we were skint so you would of thought nowadays when we spend stupid money on players wages the club would be prepared to shell out a little to get the fans up there...............obviously not though
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    For me and the lot I go with we would never get on an official coach were going to go anyway but some people who are unsure and worried about getting back , don't want to pay for a hotel etc free coaches would of been ideal and would of been a decent gesture by the club

We would never take more than 800 to Forest on Boxing day with it being live on sky anyway but I'm sure it added a few more by providing free coaches

1998 we took 4k to Port Vale and the club provided free coaches and that was when we were skint so you would of thought nowadays when we spend stupid money on players wages the club would be prepared to shell out a little to get the fans up there...............obviously not though
                    best thing about having so many coaches there was that the OB shut all the traffic off to get us out of town in one go - that was worth the agg to be fair
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Agree.When the team come out and see whatever it is 3,500/4,000 at Wigan theyl get goose bumps same as us lot.Great turn out for a Friday night match..

Comment

Working...
                      X