World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
    You do crack me up Bon, why don't you get a job in football?
    You laugh now, cos you don't know much about me.

I am studying Media/Journalism and Sports management at the moment.

am studying Spanish and French as well.

I fluently speak 3 languages and am learning 2 other international languages to qualify to become a part of FIFA.

I am still 21 years old.

I am getting a degree once I am done with the army duty that starts at the end of this year.

Laugh all you can, I will be the winner in the end.
    Last edited by bonheurjh; 04-06-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
      Whose your tip? Heart says England head says Argentina

This time, England to me looks a lot different, desperation and spirit presented.

I will be very delighted to see England once again stepping on to a higher position.

They don't lack individual qualities do they?

All they need are the reasons to play top quality football at the world cup stage.

motivation factors are often very decisive when it comes to tournament games.

The only thing I would say a risky plot, is that Rooney might play on the left wing, as a wing-forward.

That being said, considering Rooney's style, he will likely cut in near the box to snatch a goal.

The problem then is the overall team balance problem.

The left back position will be a tough spot for England.

They need to have someone who can run extra miles, as well as can run for an overlap/ a counter attack.

It all depends on how Baines will link up with Rooney and the other ones of back four.
      Last edited by bonheurjh; 04-06-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
        You laugh now, cos you don't know much about me.

I am studying Media/Journalism and Sports management at the moment.

am studying Spanish and French as well.

I fluently speak 3 languages and am learning 2 other international languages to qualify to become a part of FIFA.

I am still 21 years old.

I am getting a degree once I am done with the army duty that starts at the end of this year.

Laugh all you can, I will be the winner in the end.
        Do your thing fella, no need to bang on or justify yourself to me mate. Good luck with it all.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

If I were you, knowing the world football more than anyone does here. will have my money on Brazil.

I can't see Argentinians lifting the cup.

Especially when Messi isn't doing good for their nation
          While you continue to say Lee ( who struggles to get into a Championship Bolton side ) is a million times better than Adel ( Who plays for one of the biggest clubs in Europe ) people will not take you or the opinion you hold seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
            While you continue to say Lee ( who struggles to get into a Championship Bolton side ) is a million times better than Adel ( Who plays for one of the biggest clubs in Europe ) people will not take you or the opinion you hold seriously.
            Well I will need to make some time to explain why I think that way. So you just wait for my PM

There are many reasons why Lee is better than Taarabt.

If you haven't seen Lee playing much, you cannot defeat my argument with convincing tone can you?

so just wait.

Comment

No need for the PM!

It's not just me you would need to explain it to. It is everyone else in the world who would disagree with you.

Nobody seems to be mentioning Spain for the World Cup. Dangerous team to write off.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                No need for the PM!

It's not just me you would need to explain it to. It is everyone else in the world who would disagree with you.

Nobody seems to be mentioning Spain for the World Cup. Dangerous team to write off.

There are hundreds of hundreds of English football fans(from England and from other countries around europe) around my campus who agree with me, therefore your statement fails to show credibility of your own.

Besides, If I seriously write to convince people, I know it will work.

But having been writing so many words for my dessertation project, I will need some time to recharge myself to be fully eager to present my view

in a very formative and academic way using stats, international career etc.
                Last edited by bonheurjh; 04-06-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Everyone seems to be on the South American bandwagon, "No team from outside south america has won a world cup there" but in modern football things are alot more equal (in terms of travelling and acclimatising). It was alot harder historically for a team to travel to south america and get used to conditions etc. Not sure how much of a part that will play in this tournament. the 2 favourites (brazil & argies) are strong going forward but i still dont rate them defensively. Not sure what spain have done to only be considered 4th favourites, when they have pretty much dominated the last 3 major tournaments. The keep possession well, which will be a major factor in the humidity. If this tournament was in europe, they would be favourites. The fact they are hardly being mentioned, makes them a dangerous option and there is some real value in backing them. hopefully everyone keeps backing the 2 favourites, so spain's price drifts a little bit more!

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Everyone seems to be on the South American bandwagon, "No team from outside south america has won a world cup there" but in modern football things are alot more equal (in terms of travelling and acclimatising). It was alot harder historically for a team to travel to south america and get used to conditions etc. Not sure how much of a part that will play in this tournament. the 2 favourites (brazil & argies) are strong going forward but i still dont rate them defensively. Not sure what spain have done to only be considered 4th favourites, when they have pretty much dominated the last 3 major tournaments. The keep possession well, which will be a major factor in the humidity. If this tournament was in europe, they would be favourites. The fact they are hardly being mentioned, makes them a dangerous option and there is some real value in backing them. hopefully everyone keeps backing the 2 favourites, so spain's price drifts a little bit more!
                    don't make bets too much according to the odds.

Brazil is one on the highest advantage.

pick Brazil

Comment

don't make bets too much according to the odds.

Brazil is one on the highest advantage.

pick Brazil
                      thanks for the advice Bon but no

Comment

1)Argentina.
                        2)Brazil.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

I think it will be a very tight World Cup with a number of teams with a shout. Personally think the cliche that no team from Europe will win it as they haven't done so before is no longer relevant.

Historically world cups swapped between Europe and s America but since the last S American World Cup, the competition has gone to USA, Japan/SKorea & SA so playing out of your own continent is less of a factor. Plus the fact most South Americans now play in Europe & rise of champions league means most European players are familiar with their South American counterparts and are used to playing them at a high competitive level. Plus clubs go on long overseas tours now.

Obviously Argentina or Brazil & maybe dark horse of Uruguay.

My own view is Spain, they are more South American then South American countries. Also cannot discount the traditional European heavy weights of Germany, Spain, Italy or France.

As to England my heart says please please let it be but my head says we will be humiliated, the fact Lamps actually got on the plane is unbelievable as he's not even good enough for Chelsea and talk of Milner as an option for Johnson's position just shows a train crash is about to happen. Too many world cups have gone past where I gave my all, I even went out for France 98 but just see our defence being skinned, midfield being destroyed and upfront not having the firepower.
                          Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 04-06-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X