Hollaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollaway

In interview after the game against Millwall, Ian Holloway looked at a picture of sir Les and said that we are 'a long way from being as good as the team that Les played in.' Even we go up, we very from the team that finished fifth way back in the eighties. That's very honest. Normally all our opponents keep on saying how we have a 'Premier squad' and big squad with lot of quality players. Hope they are not taking us for a ride!
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 26-04-2014, 08:52 PM. Reason: Holloway

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    In interview after the game against Millwall, Ian Holloway looked at a picture of sir Les and said that we are 'a long way from being as good as the team that Les played in.' Even we go up, we very from the team that finished fifth way back in the eighties. That's very honest. Normally all our opponents keep on saying how we have a 'Premier squad' and big squad with lot of quality players. Hope they are not taking us for a ride!
    Ollie 100% correct.

Comment

Ollie is a QPR legend, future QPR manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        ****** right, that was probably the second best squad this club has ever had behind the 75/78 squad , this squad is no where near that quality , still ****** good though compared to squads we have had in the past and has potential to be very good

Comment

90's not 80's.
          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
          London Pride is a flower that's free.
          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Not excatly Rocket Science. What he said.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Full quote:

“None of their players even appealed for the penalty. If the ref hadn’t given it, no-one would have said anything.

But it’s good to be back at a club I have a great fondness for. I am at an age where you want to think you’ve laid down markers in your career – and I hope this club was one of them.

I don’t blame QPR fans for invading the pitch at the end – they’re in the play-offs, so good luck to them.

But looking at the team around here on the walls; it will be a while before they’re fifth in the Premier League again.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...eague-7037215?

Comment

Legend in his own right & spot on.

90% of that team / squad wouldn't be fit to lace the boots of Olly or those he played with.

Comment

Ollie is QPR through and through; LEGEND
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Agree with all the above and then some !
                    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

I dont like him, didnt like that dig either.

Comment

100% agree with Ollie. Sadly though football in general has changed since those days and it is near impossible to motivate millionaires. How I crave those halcyon days.

Comment

Working...
                        X