Straight talk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight talk...

"It is almost shocking that QPR could still be promoted, in the same way it is laughable that, despite astronomical spending, the Rs could not get anywhere near the top two."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/15164/9...play-off-hopes

"Astronomical spending" - how much did we spend this summer; £10m? Hardly astronomical....
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Yep, pretty much telling it like it is.

It is particularly telling that, with a similarly large budget and an equally gigantic squad, Leicester City have romped to the title, scoring 77 goals in the process.

Although yet to be crowned champions, the Foxes' success shows the extent to which QPR have underperformed, even taking into account a cruel spate of injuries.

Sympathy for Redknapp, who, according to reports, remained glued to the bench as Blackburn cruised to victory, is minimal and appears to be waning.

His claim that, given the diabolical state the club was in after relegation from the Premier League, occupying a top six place constitutes success, is not universally felt.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Pointless thread.

Comment

Success depends on many things. However, it hurts when the joy of so many thousands of people can be destroyed by one single person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            Pointless thread.
            Why is it....? Sounds pretty accurate from my and lots of others on here perspectives so I think it's very salient and far from pointless.....

Thanks to the OP for posting as I'd have never unearthed that article..... Cheers mate...

Comment

Becoming like a broken record. We all know the clubs a shambles. Yes only we can spend 10million and have a squad like ours and not get promoted. Only we sign a un fit Brazilian player on loan to play him in the reserves. Only we could of signed a player like Will Keane to lead our attack. Only we could have a chairman that could pick 2 duff managers in a row and will probably make it 3. We all know this. And will it change and have a fresh start with a young manager with youth players coming through? Nah. It will be short term fixes until we get promoted again, then the astromincal spending will come into play. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                Why is it....? Sounds pretty accurate from my and lots of others on here perspectives so I think it's very salient and far from pointless.....

Thanks to the OP for posting as I'd have never unearthed that article..... Cheers mate...
                I would of thought the other 576 posts on the same subject might have possibly covered it but hey ho

Comment

I'd like to hear marshys view on this,ridiculous state of affairs
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

The media like to portray us as big spending QPR and have done since flavio and crew when in reality we got up on a budget that season. This season we've spent a pretty much mediocre amount. Last year was a bit of killer tbh-the wages handed out was quite disturbing. not sure our loan policy works out overall-we've had some right ol sh it. Anyways...we'll get to wembley and win.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      Yep, pretty much telling it like it is.

It is particularly telling that, with a similarly large budget and an equally gigantic squad, Leicester City have romped to the title, scoring 77 goals in the process.

Although yet to be crowned champions, the Foxes' success shows the extent to which QPR have underperformed, even taking into account a cruel spate of injuries.

Sympathy for Redknapp, who, according to reports, remained glued to the bench as Blackburn cruised to victory, is minimal and appears to be waning.

His claim that, given the diabolical state the club was in after relegation from the Premier League, occupying a top six place constitutes success, is not universally felt.
                      I always thought over the last two seasons the Foxes spent rather little while we spent quite alot.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        I'd like to hear marshys view on this,ridiculous state of affairs
                        Leave him alone ya bully !

He's got a real thing about you Van, did you read his 'farewell' post ?

"Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Everyone keeps saying we only spent £10m, free transfers of premiership players are anything but free, Dunne, Oneil, Simpson, Youssi, Hughes plus loans from the Prem including loan fees and wages. HR should be ashamed of himself.

He has pulled TF trousers way below his ankles, bent him over and ......
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                            Everyone keeps saying we only spent £10m, free transfers of premiership players are anything but free, Dunne, Oneil, Simpson, Youssi, Hughes plus loans from the Prem including loan fees and wages. HR should be ashamed of himself.

He has pulled TF trousers way below his ankles, bent him over and ......
                            Yes, this is what a lot of people don't seem to understand - even if you spend nothing on transfers, your overall spending on players (including wages) can still be massive.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Fernandes has essentially trusted Harry who has made the same mistakes as Hughes.

Yes Harry only spent transfer fees of any significance on young players (Austin & Phillips) but all the over the hill ex prem players are no different to the Ji Sung Park/Bosingwa type that the previous knob jockey brought in.

Youth players are the key and I'm sure TF knows that for the medium and long term. Surely in the short term only players with hunger and potential on sensible salaries, like Austin & Phillips should be brought to the club....???

Comment

Working...
                              X