We want you to have a say on the new stadium – draft survey published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    One of the things that is highly amusing is that the Gang of Four, particularly NW Hoopz, seem to think that the board haven't done their homework with regard to capacity. He is using a quote of mine entirely out of context when I said that within four years, our attendance would be around 29k, based on the experiences of the combined new ground builds.

Didn't Uncle T admit he hadn't consulted anyone, he just plucked the figure out of the air !

The point he and a few others don't get about the expansion figure is that WITHIN FOUR YEARS the new stadium will be 75% full.

I make that 25% empty then ................ AND that is only if Uncle T somehow discovers the holy grail of Premiership survival, his recent record on delivering entertaining football that the masses want to watch ain't nuch to shout home about is it ?

It isn't just about the first four years and current support. It's about future generations too. Some don't seem to understand that the new stadium is going to be at the heart of a major new development in London and will be a multi-purpose venue OWNED BY QPR as confirmed this week, despite what the naysayers have been telling us that it's being built as a 1D gig venue and that QPR will be merely tenants.

Do the naysayers seriously believe the 40k figure was plucked out of the air without a single piece of research going on? Do they think that not a single one of the many consultants working on the project have thought about how to fill it? Do they really believe they know more than the professionals who make their living from this kind of work?

Yes

We're talking about building a new stadium in what many consider is the world's greatest city, not some regional backwater like Middlesbrough or Huddersfield. And I make no apology for stating yet again we only have to attract 1% of the population of NW London to fill the new place.

It would be nice for some fans to stop with the continued negativity and view this as a great new chapter in the history of our wonderful club. A new training ground/academy coupled with a new stadium will put our club well and truly on the map. It's either that or stay put in our ageing current facilities for at least the next 50 years.
    Why didn't you actually read my last post instead of worrying about what my signature says Eh
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
    X