Vokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vokes

Done his ACL, won't play again this season. As perverse as it sounds, if ever there was a motivation for us to finish second, this is it!

Good news, if we had a chance of catching them. IMO that chance died when we didn't beat Blackpool.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Feel for the guy, him an Ings been outstanding for them this year.....been good for them both to finish off the season.

Comment

Huuurrraaaayyyyyy...........i mean oh wotta an absolute shame....(que a pc nancy boy poster to tell me off)

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
          Feel for the guy, him an Ings been outstanding for them this year.....been good for them both to finish off the season.
          Can see them dropping points now, just a shame we wont be able to string enough wins together to catch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Good news, if we had a chance of catching them. IMO that chance died when we didn't beat Blackpool.
            Would love to be proved wrong but make you right on this.

Comment

As ginge says feel sorry for the lad. If we were within 5 to 7 points this could have been a leveller but gap is too big for me

Shame for Vokes as when they do go up he will miss most of the season im guessing and maybe not make either of the 25man squads

Hope he recovers sooner then expected

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                that's what I was thinking. Had QPR beaten Blackpool Burnley's lead would have been cut down to 7 points with 7 matches to play.

It is a tall order to make up the 9 points, but it is now possible if Ings and Vokes are both out for what remains of the season.

Of course, it is a pity for Burnley, Ings and Vokes but let's be honest here, if QPR hadn't lost their main goal supply in Austin and Phillips during 4 days at the end of Jan beginning of Feb, would they have caught upwith QPR (3 points behind when they drew on the day Phillips went off injured) and then overtaken and climbed 10 points clear? I think not.

Hopefully, QPR will use this news to spur them on to winning at least 15 more points this season and hope that Burnley struggle to win another more than 6 points in the final games.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  that's what I was thinking. Had QPR beaten Blackpool Burnley's lead would have been cut down to 7 points with 7 matches to play.

It is a tall order to make up the 9 points, but it is now possible if Ings and Vokes are both out for what remains of the season.

Of course, it is a pity for Burnley, Ings and Vokes but let's be honest here, if QPR hadn't lost their main goal supply in Austin and Phillips during 4 days at the end of Jan beginning of Feb, would they have caught upwith QPR (3 points behind when they drew on the day Phillips went off injured) and then overtaken and climbed 10 points clear? I think not.

Hopefully, QPR will use this news to spur them on to winning at least 15 more points this season and hope that Burnley struggle to win another more than 6 points in the final games.
                  Don't agree. 2 of our best players is clearly a loss but we blew our chance when we had the worst january transfer month since selling sinclair and bringing in tim breaker and Ian Dowie.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Huuurrraaaayyyyyy...........i mean oh wotta an absolute shame....(que a pc nancy boy poster to tell me off)
                    Thats disgusting and extremely disrespectful!! A young player playing at the top of his game and you come out with this...

.... just a shame I didn't earlier in the season.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I can see burnley getting beat at an inform Watford on Saturday - if and it's a big if we can beat bournemouth and hopefully Joey, niko, Jenas and maybe even charlie play then the gap is 6 points with 6 to play - or maybe I'm living in cuckoo land!!

Comment

it makes all the more exciting doesn't it to be honest.......football can throw up some strange results and scenario's at times.....what a great league this is! It's not impossible to catch them.

Comment

Part of me hopes we don't finish second, purely because I won't be going to any more games this season lol, well not until the playoffs anyway
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Thats disgusting and extremely disrespectful!! A young player playing at the top of his game and you come out with this...

.... just a shame I didn't earlier in the season.
                            ...with a bit of luck Ings gets a major injury now!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              ...with a bit of luck Ings gets a major injury now!
                              Thought he had or am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X