The Carroll debate - his stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
    I don't think this is a stupid comment. Actually it is sign of a good side when winning playing badly - and IMO we played badly last night. If your opinion is we played well does not mean my opinion is stupid.
    I think I understand that lol.. personally would not say we played 'badly'.. we worked hard and dug in, played some nice stuff in places, created numerous chances.
    Hit the bar in one of them and Zamora when clean through on one but decided not to shoot for some reason

Comment

Stats can be made to look like anything you want them to be, thats the problem with modern day football relying to much on statistics, the boy is a player in my eyes , like his style and like the way he plays, but i understand people who like a more direct quick style would have a problem with the way he plays.

Comment

Stats say if a team reaches 90 points in the championship it will be promoted

Comment

Stats say if a team reaches 90 points in the championship it will be promoted
          I prefer to use my eyes and make judgements on players, stats don't give you bad referring decisions or missed open goals or goalkeeping mistakes or wicked ball bobbling errors

Comment

He's a good player but he's rubbish on the pitch...

...is what I gleaned from this thread.

Informative and well observed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              5 stone to light
              5 stone?????? He'd be a right tuba if he put on 5 stone!!! That would make him the size of some of our fans complaining about the Lotto skinny fit tops!

Comment

Still stick by Carroll who is a decent young player learning his trade but some fans don't have time for youngsters making mistakes.Would much prefer to see a Townsend, Carroll type player than a journeyman player just turning up for the money. Yes he has been overrun in some games but Ipswich away, Boro away and Wigan were 3 of his better games and we won all 3 !!!!

Comment

I don't think this is a stupid comment. Actually it is sign of a good side when winning playing badly - and IMO we played badly last night. If your opinion is we played well does not mean my opinion is stupid.
                  I think what's happened here is over the course of the season you've gotten used to seeing us play badly and you've automatically judged the performance by past one's.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The bloke needs to be played in a more advanced role where he can play intricate through balls and inter-link with attacking players.

Being played so deep highlights the weaker side of his game where he gets tackled far too easily and gives away possesion in dangerous areas.

Comment

I don't think he's an awful player but he's certainly been a poor signing for us based on his performances and maybe our lack of knowing how to use him. If im honest i can't see the lad cutting it for Spurs either let alone England and i'd be very suprised if i'm proved wrong.

Comment

Decent player, but a bit lightweight for the championship, although he's been playing well recently, think he's only just adapted to the physicality and pace of the NPC.

Decent whenever called upon by Spurs last season, and for England U21s.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                        X