The Carroll debate - his stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Carroll debate - his stats

It is obvious that Carroll is highly debated in this forum.
    I have not been sure because he is kind of different from other midfielders we have.
    So I thought - why not check if there is difference in results whit him starting or not - these are the results.
    Some will say statistic does not lie others will say this is because of the others - so here we go.

Carroll starting: 11W-2D-4L that is 17 games giving 35 points which is 2,06 per game and would give 95 point for the season = promotion
    Not staring: 9W-7D-5L that is 21 games giving 34 points which is 1,62 per game and would give 75 points for the season = playoffs

Now what does stat say about why the difference so I look at goals

Carroll starting: goals scored 23, average 1,37 per game, goals received 7 average 0,41 per game
    Not starting: goals scored 24, average 1,14 per game, goals received 25 average 1,19 per game

This tells me he is giving a lot of help to his defense. And althoug the difference is not as big the team scores more goals.

He is probably still a very bad player but I wish he had started more games.

He is probably still a very bad player but I wish he had started more games.
    What a truly daft statement. He's clearly not a bad player. People just expect more from him due to him being a Spurs player. I personally think he's decent!

Comment

This fella made some other stupid comment on another thread earlier saying we won playing badly last night.... headsgone

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        This fella made some other stupid comment on another thread earlier saying we won playing badly last night.... headsgone
        How about throwing this in the mix. How many of those matches did Austin play in when Tommy boy played?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
          How about throwing this in the mix. How many of those matches did Austin play in when Tommy boy played?
          not sure bud sorry

Comment

Carroll is being played in the wrong position in my opinion. He can't play in a 4 man midfield he really does need to have a 'free role' in order to spray the ball about.

Whilst he is technically excellent he is that effective in matches - especially creating chances - yes im aware he was involved with last nights goal but thats about it.

Second half he was more present in the oppositions box and whilst he had some good touches and always wanted the ball he really needs to find that killer instinct like niko does of just getting the ball out of your feet and having a pop at goal.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

as the old saying goes there are satistics and lies
              his stats are b******s they boy hasn't had one really good game and the majority have been poor,and he's been ineffective hes the modern day Ray Wilkins as he was once called the Crab sideways and backwards would rather have Henry and he's poor too

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                his stats are b******s they boy hasn't had one really good game and the majority have been poor,and he's been ineffective hes the modern day Ray Wilkins as he was once called the Crab sideways and backwards would rather have Henry and he's poor too
                Wow

Comment

He is the only midfielder who actually goes looking for the ball , he is young and makes mistakes but is a decent player

I would sign him permanently if possible
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Please don't say that word. It's the word they use on Drive Time on TalkSh1te Radio by one of the presenter I detest!

Back on topic. Not everyone's cup of tea and I'm one of his biggest critics too. Does some good in the game by nibbling at opposing players and by breaking up play. BUT and this is a big one - for all the good he does, he then goes and gives the ball away so cheaply by not making simplest of passes or by making the most stupid mistake. Personally I fell defensively he add's to the team, but once he has the ball, he pretty much turns into a crab with his distribute, or a liability when passing the ball forwards. Might be wrong in my numbers but I reckon as much as 90% of his passes going forward are incomplete with him giving possession away - stats which are masked by his completed crab like sideways or backwards passes.
                    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 26-03-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

He played well last night but he's massively overrated for me.

Scared to put his foot in
                      Passing leaves a lot to be desired (about 10 hospital balls a game)
                      5 stone to light
                      Wants 4 days on the ball before picking his pass
                      He's a crab

The above is just not suited to the Championship, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
                        11 games of the 17 Austin and Carroll both start

Comment

I don't think this is a stupid comment. Actually it is sign of a good side when winning playing badly - and IMO we played badly last night. If your opinion is we played well does not mean my opinion is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            I knew stats/lies would come - just read the OP
                            Just point out we do better with him in the team - your opinion of the boy will not change that

Comment

It would help if he was played where he plays for England he is superb when he plays for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X