Players we have lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players we have lost

Yes we have bought some really poor players but in recent years we have let some real talent slip through our fingers. Just imagine how strong we would be if we had kept hold of:

Routledge
    Sinclair (admittedly he was just a loan)
    Adel (loaned out)
    Remy (loaned out)
    Watson (loan)
    Helguson (prob too old/ retired now)
    Bothroyd (no world beater, but worse than Keane?)
    DJ (maybe a bullet dodged, not sure)
    The winger now at Palace who we never gave much of a chance to.

There are probably loads of others. I'm not saying all the above were perfect and in some cases there were good reasons why they had to go - we had no hope for instance of keeping Townsend or Walker. Just saying this constant churn of players has not improved us that much. Didn't we get £1.5m for Routledge, but is Hoilett (how many million?) any better?

Maybe the lesson is to stick with what you have unless you have the money to get someone massively better or who is a real bargain. Just bringing in one journeyman for another often does more harm than good imho.

Bothroyd - scored a few in the Premiership for us and knows how to score in this division, should have kept him as a squad player.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      Bothroyd - scored a few in the Premiership for us and knows how to score in this division, should have kept him as a squad player.
      oh god no!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Yes we have bought some really poor players but in recent years we have let some real talent slip through our fingers. Just imagine how strong we would be if we had kept hold of:

Routledge
        Adel (loaned out)
        Remy (loaned out)
        Watson (loan)

There are probably loads of others. I'm not saying all the above were perfect and in some cases there were good reasons why they had to go - we had no hope for instance of keeping Townsend or Walker. Just saying this constant churn of players has not improved us that much. Didn't we get £1.5m for Routledge, but is Hoilett (how many million?) any better?

Maybe the lesson is to stick with what you have unless you have the money to get someone massively better or who is a real bargain. Just bringing in one journeyman for another often does more harm than good imho.
        I hand on heart don't want this to come across as a pointless dig at you Stainrod because of our earlier run in, but...

..Out of all those player's just two I would consider worth keeping... Remy and Routledge. To be honest I'd be a lot happier having the likes of Green, Hill, Traore, Austin, Phillips, Simpson, Onuoha, Barton and Morrison in our team over any of the one's you listed.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

sterling

Comment

Routledge
            Adel (loaned out)
            Remy (loaned out)
            Watson (loan)

Not sure i get the point being made here, but routledge is the only player there that was worth keeping that isnt a rangers player still now.

Comment

Paulo Wanchope.. A few years ago he was on trial but we let him go. Scored "a few goals" later on in PL.

Comment

Routledge
                Adel (loaned out)
                Remy (loaned out)
                Watson (loan)

With due respect, I'm glad you're not the manager. HH was a great servant for the club but according to Wiki he's retired. DJ and Bothroyd hardly set the place alight yet you consider them both 'real talent'. I disagree.

I suppose in a few years time you'll be mourning the loss of BZ and AJ

The winger you mention is Jason Puncheon.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  With due respect, I'm glad you're not the manager. HH was a great servant for the club but according to Wiki he's retired. DJ and Bothroyd hardly set the place alight yet you consider them both 'real talent'. I disagree.

I suppose in a few years time you'll be mourning the loss of BZ and AJ

The winger you mention is Jason Puncheon.
                  Jason Puncheon, the words greatest penalty taker
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                  X