Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHA pubs

Pub before the game??
    First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
    Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

???
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by surreyranger View Post
      Pub before the game??
      I've been to see City at the Amex in each of the past two seasons (both dire games for us, but that is another story) and we drank in town before the match and caught the train to the ground: your ticket includes a train ticket (or at least ours did). The best place - if you like real ale - was the Evening Star: http://www.viewbrighton.co.uk/pubsan...nfo-26051.html, which is a short walk down the hill from the station.

Lots of Brighton fans, but very friendly, and a good range of beers. Not much food - just rolls - and it runs out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
        I've been to see City at the Amex in each of the past two seasons (both dire games for us, but that is another story) and we drank in town before the match and caught the train to the ground: your ticket includes a train ticket (or at least ours did). The best place - if you like real ale - was the Evening Star: http://www.viewbrighton.co.uk/pubsan...nfo-26051.html, which is a short walk down the hill from the station.

Lots of Brighton fans, but very friendly, and a good range of beers. Not much food - just rolls - and it runs out quickly.
        The evening star was where the magical Dark star brewery, was born...fantastic range of ales

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
          The evening star was where the magical Dark star brewery, was born...fantastic range of ales
          That's the place. Living over here, I drink red wine most of the time (French beer is god-awful) so when I go somewhere like the Evening Star I try everything in the place: last December they had six different beers and I had one of each before and after the match. Somehow, City getting a proper smacking didn't seem to matter too much after that.

One other thing on Brighton places to drink: it's worth hanging around to have a couple in the bars at the away end, which stay open for about an hour after the match. That way, you miss the crush for the trains back to Brighton station (depends on your train back to London, of course).

Comment

That's the place. Living over here, I drink red wine most of the time (French beer is god-awful) so when I go somewhere like the Evening Star I try everything in the place: last December they had six different beers and I had one of each before and after the match. Somehow, City getting a proper smacking didn't seem to matter too much after that.

One other thing on Brighton places to drink: it's worth hanging around to have a couple in the bars at the away end, which stay open for about an hour after the match. That way, you miss the crush for the trains back to Brighton station (depends on your train back to London, of course).
            I know exactly what you mean! Can't you get leffe brune that far south? It's not too bad and hammers all the non descript lagers..

Comment

LanguedocFox, out of interest which part of the Languedoc are you at? I have family who regularly holiday down there near Pezenas. Beautiful part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                LanguedocFox, out of interest which part of the Languedoc are you at? I have family who regularly holiday down there near Pezenas. Beautiful part of the world.
                Pézenas is an interesting town but we're about 70km further west, in a village called Ventenac en Minervois - about 15km from Narbonne and an hour or so from Spain. Yes, it's a lovely part of the world: we've lived here since 2006, but we spent lots of holidays down here while our kids were growing up. All it lacks is a pub serving proper English beer: in the summer, our local bar-restaurant sells Guinness for the tourists, but I want a decent bitter. Never satisfied, some people!

Comment

Pézenas is an interesting town but we're about 70km further west, in a village called Ventenac en Minervois - about 15km from Narbonne and an hour or so from Spain. Yes, it's a lovely part of the world: we've lived here since 2006, but we spent lots of holidays down here while our kids were growing up. All it lacks is a pub serving proper English beer: in the summer, our local bar-restaurant sells Guinness for the tourists, but I want a decent bitter. Never satisfied, some people!
                  The wonderful local wine makes up for the lack of beer though! The whole region has an interesting history. I've been to Narbonne and but am more familiar with Agde, Sete, Pezenas etc. Quite a few ex-pats settling down there...a nice place to retire to!

Anyway, back to Brighton pubs and apologies for hijacking this thread!

Comment

Evening Star, Queens Head, Grand Junction, Railway Bell all just outside the station. A few more on Guildford Road.

Or you could try this rather garish establishment, the Prince Albert just underneath it on Trafalgar Street.
                    [IMG]Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos[/IMG]

Comment

Who/what's the Cheburashka creature near the top left corner?
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Who/what's the Cheburashka creature near the top left corner?
                        No idea mate.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Evening Star, Queens Head, Grand Junction, Railway Bell all just outside the station. A few more on Guildford Road.

Or you could try this rather garish establishment, the Prince Albert just underneath it on Trafalgar Street.
                          [IMG]Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos[/IMG]
                          Well that looks like a nice quiet pub...
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                          X