did we look better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did we look better ?

Could not go to game, Acording to bbc stats we had 58% poss and 8 shots 4 on target,
    Copared to v charlton 60% poss 3 shots none on target !

Looking at a small snopet of highlights it looked like we changed style with us attacking in numbers or was that a one off?
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
    did we look better ?
    We ended the first half strongly with a well worked goal involving Ravel, Doyle and Jenas.

Started the 2nd half well too at a much higher tempo.

...then Harry ballsed things up as usual with some inexplicable tactics and substitutions. At 1-1 removing our two most creative players made no sense. McDermott then outwitted Redknapp by stifling our play and it petered out to a drab draw.

Comment

We didn't have lots of clear cut chances, however I thought we did ok. Moved the ball around better. If we had not have been on such a bad run, I wouldn't have been too sad with that result

The thing we massively miss is BAE and Simpson. Having 4 centre backs really stumps our creative outlet and the lack of any pacey overlap costs us at times.

Comment

Started very well. Greens penalty save got the crowd buzzing even more then they scored which flattened things a bit but we did ok. Passed a bit better & overall it looked like we tried a lot harder than we did at Charlton.

Second half wasn't very good to be honest. Ravel Morrison hardly in the game. He needs to get more involved and fast if we're to improve as he's our only realistic flair player who can create openings.

I'd say the performance was 5/10

Comment

If Traore had taken that chance start of second half we would be

I hope that he is not injured long term as he seems to have found some form and looks out most potent outlet ive been impressed recently

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            We ended the first half strongly with a well worked goal involving Ravel, Doyle and Jenas.

Started the 2nd half well too at a much higher tempo.

...then Harry ballsed things up as usual with some inexplicable tactics and substitutions. At 1-1 removing our two most creative players made no sense. McDermott then outwitted Redknapp by stifling our play and it petered out to a drab draw.
            Sums it up well.

Most of the game followed the pattern of most of the season. Lots of possession, while not really looking like much of a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
              Sums it up well.

Most of the game followed the pattern of most of the season. Lots of possession, while not really looking like much of a threat.
              Agree. We had lots of possession, we pass it around well but it play just fizzles out or we just simply pass it back to them...very frustrating to watch.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Agree. We had lots of possession, we pass it around well but it play just fizzles out or we just simply pass it back to them...very frustrating to watch.
                It sounds simple but I think our attacking options would greatly improve if we could just get one or two of our midfileders to chance there arm and run into the box so we have an extra man when the ball comes in or so the man on the ball can slip the runner in who then puts it across the box

Were way to easy to play against at the current time as there is no movement or late runs!! saturday is an example Traore made a late run into the box start of second half and we created a blinding opportunity we dont do that enough we have no players prepared to take a chance make a run on the off chance the ball will come to them (Lampard or Ramsey type runs). The reading player done this against us at home and got a free header and scored!!

Before Traores effort saturday the last time I recall a midfielder making a late run into the box was Barton at Leeds away which we scored from but it was wrongly ruled offside. Can anyone recall any other occassions???

I think we dont do it becasue the current midfielders dont have the legs to play the box to box role

Comment

There was improvement but still not good enough, we still lack creating chances and shots on target.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Just like in hunting its harder to hit a moving target rather then a stationary one same applies in football get movement and runners into the box and im sure our goals for column will improve

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      It sounds simple but I think our attacking options would greatly improve if we could just get one or two of our midfileders to chance there arm and run into the box so we have an extra man when the ball comes in or so the man on the ball can slip the runner in who then puts it across the box

Were way to easy to play against at the current time as there is no movement or late runs!! saturday is an example Traore made a late run into the box start of second half and we created a blinding opportunity we dont do that enough we have no players prepared to take a chance make a run on the off chance the ball will come to them (Lampard or Ramsey type runs). The reading player done this against us at home and got a free header and scored!!

Before Traores effort saturday the last time I recall a midfielder making a late run into the box was Barton at Leeds away which we scored from but it was wrongly ruled offside. Can anyone recall any other occassions???

I think we dont do it becasue the current midfielders dont have the legs to play the box to box role
                      i think just 10 mins earlier..jenas scored from a run onto a doyle hold up - 1-2 into the box?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        i think just 10 mins earlier..jenas scored from a run onto a doyle hold up - 1-2 into the box?
                        good shout ha ha I feel a fool now but you get my drift. We done it twice sat scored one and nearly scored a second. We done it at Leeds and scored although ruled out

We need players to be brave and make the lung busting runs into the box in the hope they get rewarded as its very easy two CB marking Doyle but if you have someone bombing/ghosting into the box it adds another parameter to our game and pulls them out of position causing chaos which then creates further opportunties for others

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

I know exactly what you mean, I think someone like Morrison would fit into the "lampard/Ramsey type" very well I'd also like to see Carroll play there to, IMO he doesn't have the strength to play the average central midfield role so why not push him up more and run at defenders... I think it would also be interesting to see AJ and Keane played their too. Leave Doyle as the 1 up front with 1 or 2 attacking midfielder's behind him who really run at defender's. I suppose the big problem with that is, is getting caught on the counter attack. But with our run of games coming up its a good opportunity to really have a go at teams and pick our points/goal difference up.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Well as long as the improving trend continues, should help. Hopefully next game is a win and we can take it from there. It's crucial to hit form at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                            X