We're not ready to go up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're not ready to go up

Come to the conclusion that even if we went up we'd simply face a season of humiliating defeats next year. Happy to finish top half of the table and go for it next year when we've strengthened a bit. Particularly in the striker department.

I agree, new manager, get rid of all of the loans and bring in hungry young players in the summer

Comment

These two posts
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

£100m vs humiliating defeats against Arsenal/Chelsea/Man City etc?

£100m buys a lot of foundation players, when the right people decide how to spend it.

We must go up in order to build, even if it means yoyo-ing for a season or two.

Comment

As above, play to the circumstance around you

Comment

I think it will be a lot easier to find decent players willing to play for us if we get promoted, and the club would have more financial resources to buy said players.

Comment

I wish it was as simple as merely putting off going up for this year and taking our birthright next season when we've put in place new players manager and tactics.

The chances are that if we don't go up this season we may face an extended period of rebuilding here in the championship. Just look around at all the clubs who came down and wallowed here season after season.

What makes anyone think we're gonna be different?

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                These two posts
                Me too
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Joon View Post
                  I think it will be a lot easier to find decent players willing to play for us if we get promoted, and the club would have more financial resources to buy said players.
                  So change the whole team again and have another instability?
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    So change the whole team again and have another instability?
                    It sounds bad, but I think you would agree that the current team would not fare very well in the Prem without some degree of reinforcement, which is the whole reason for this thread titled, "We're not ready to go up".

I won't venture to propose the nature and extent of the changes that are needed, that would be the job of the manager (be it HR or someone else), but realistically, some changes will be necessary to avoid immediate relegation. Decent players usually try to avoid playing in the Championship if they can play in the Premiership, and buying them will cost money.

Comment

Originally posted by Joon View Post
                      It sounds bad, but I think you would agree that the current team would not fare very well in the Prem without some degree of reinforcement, which is the whole reason for this thread titled, "We're not ready to go up".

I won't venture to propose the nature and extent of the changes that are needed, that would be the job of the manager (be it HR or someone else), but realistically, some changes will be necessary to avoid immediate relegation. Decent players usually try to avoid playing in the Championship if they can play in the Premiership, and buying them will cost money.
                      Yes most of the current playes are not not good enough for the Premier League. That's why I don't prefer we go up now because it means massive changes which will lead to what happened to us last season. I would rather stay in the Championship next season, make those changes (sign better players) and then go up so that we don't need massive changes in the team, pretty much like Swansea and Norwich.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Bah. I sound like a broken record.
                        Last edited by Joon; 18-02-2014, 08:14 AM.

Comment

We are deffo not ready to go up. Thank the lord the season didn't end a week or two ago when we were second, we would of been totally farked.

Comment

I'd be happy to yo-yo like WBA did. They are now well established. We've no right to go up when we please.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              I agree, new manager, get rid of all of the loans and bring in hungry young players in the summer
                              I absolutely agree but at the same time can't help but feel that, other than the new manager bit, this is exactly what we were saying we'd do over Summer this time last year? I love the idea of hungry young players but will we really bring in a manager who'd be willing to take the chance of signing them? I'd certainly love to think so!
                              "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Working...
                              X