The Gary O'Neil Formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gary O'Neil Formation

How many times this season have we waste the whole first half with the ' Gary O'Neil' formation. Now i like Gary but when he played for us it is always when we are going for the conservative safety first tactics.

This always goes Pete Tong and we end up having to Bring on a Phillips or Hoilett and all changes for the better.

If you look at youth and enthusiasm of Leicester, Burnley and Derby it shows that we have got to put a bit more into these remaining games if we want to keep up with the pack.

we have been unlucky with injuries thats for sure. Nedum, Faurlin, Austin, Phillips taken out of any side would be a massive problem.

I think he's been subbed 3 times at half-time this season. You'd think harry would get the message by now.

Comment

Not even sure where O'Neil's best position is? Right mid or Centre mid? Either way he doesn't really offer much to the team

Comment

I'd play him CM instead of Carroll tbh. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone for me.

Comment

In 6 of last 10 games there has been a subtitution at half time 3 times O'Neill
          In 8 of these 10 we have not scored in the first half and hehind in 4 of these

Comment

Might be cos hoilett can only play 45 minutes. We went through the same coating off of the manager when we only played one up front when we only had one striker cos aj could only play 45 minutes as well.

Comment

O' neil is useful in the middle. Against Donny at home we moved him inside with Joey and it stopped Furman and Wellens controlling the game.

Since then he is being forced to play wide right and it just doesn't work

Comment

Personally feel the focus should be on Tom Carroll. Oneill and Barton centre mid is stronger. Agree with the half time changes. Arry should know by now and needs to take responsibility for his selection mistakes. With the quality we have we should be going for the jugular from the off with two wingers not centre mids out wide. The lack of pace in our side has been a glaring fault in our side all season! Any 2 of Hoillett, Traore, Wright Phillips should be on the flanks from the off

Comment

if we had simpson playing then i'd be okay with us playing oneil wide right but only in cases where we have to.. otherwise he should be in the middle. as mentioned before i'd put him next to barton instead of tom carroll
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Might be cos hoilett can only play 45 minutes. We went through the same coating off of the manager when we only played one up front when we only had one striker cos aj could only play 45 minutes as well.
                    I agree with this. We have no idea of player-carrying injuries or related fitness.

Comment

O'neil wide right is painful to watch. He can't take a player on for toffee, he's slow and only likes passing side ways or backwards. That should be Hoiletts position until his hamstring rips again, he needs his confidence back and only a run in the team is going to give him that.

Comment

Working...
                      X