Raheem Sterling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raheem Sterling.

What a player. I hope we have learnt our lesson now. Dont go waste our talent,please.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Hope to see him in Brazil

Comment

Paladini says thanks

Comment

I don't rate him, never have
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Really?? ^^ Ok.opinions.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

not a lot you can do when the big boys come-a-shoppin
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              not a lot you can do when the big boys come-a-shoppin
              Paladini could have let him go for a lot more than £500k though......

Comment

The way the youth setup was and is we didnt have any choice but to let him go as Liverpool have a higher rating academy than us.

He was also tapped up and wanted to leave so the only optoin was to get the best deal (weather it was the best deal is another matter).

The way the youth setup is now, damages english football as a lot of good youth found by the lower clubs, are pinch for peanuts from the lower clubs, dont develop and flop.

Before the lower clubs kept them unless the received a great offer, that meant bigger clubs would do there home work and only offer money for kids they believed in.

Now, they pinch anyone they want as there is no lost to them (or minimal) if they dot make it, so your now seeing the results where there are not as much good english youngster's around.

As well as cutting of the life blood of clubs like Crewe etc... just another rule made to make sure the top teams stay at the top.

Thats IMO

Thats IMO
                One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Great comment from Amit on his twitter about this

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                    He's got his rod out....
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If we kept him and he done well in the champs, we could have got a fee for him similar to Zaha's..£15m I think it was.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

500k for a 15yr old was excellent business at the time. For every Sterling, there are 10 Dean Parretts. Hindsight is a wonderful thing etc...

It says on wiki the fee could rise to 5mil, wonder what the requirements are. Must be due some money soon!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          500k for a 15yr old was excellent business at the time. For every Sterling, there are 10 Dean Parretts. Hindsight is a wonderful thing etc...

It says on wiki the fee could rise to 5mil, wonder what the requirements are. Must be due some money soon!?
                          Think money was received after his England cap and maybe after say 10 starts for L'pool.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                            Yet you rate Diakite and Graneo... It beggars belief sometimes it really does
                            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 08-02-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Not really sure there is a lesson to be learnt here Shania.

We did all we could to keep Raheem Sterling but unfortunately a far bigger club with better resources tapped him up and his head was turned. This unfortunately is the way of modern football. Personally I think we did the right thing in thrashing out as good a deal as we could, 500k doesn't sound like a lot but for a 15 year old it is massive, I'm also assuming we've had a few million more on add-ons by now as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X