Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt revelations on the Fulham message boards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    Surprise surprise
    six pages and counting though...

*Ironically this post made it seven....
    Last edited by Lunar Jetman; 10-02-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      I understand your point of view but there are a lots of fans who try to portray him as the player he never was. To call him lazy is a ridiculous statement no one worked harder in the final third than Adel to sniff out a goal. He was a selfish player but never lazy as for not putting in a shift this was never something that was said until he went out on loan. When you read about Stan Bowles's antics I don't see much difference in Taarabts behaviour to be honest but our fans seem less accepting of it. I doubt we will see another player like him for another 20 years and by that point in time a section of our fan base will have done there utmost to discredit his time at the club.

I hope he goes on to become the player he has the potential to be. Im not aware of any statement from the player that he never wants to play for us again and whilst he is still our player I hope to one day see him play for us again
      I'm not old enough to remember Stan playing but I thought he was billed as a team player and although would be running down the tunnel after the team as he'd just come from the bookies, he always gave his all on the pitch. Or did I get that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
        I'm not old enough to remember Stan playing but I thought he was billed as a team player and although would be running down the tunnel after the team as he'd just come from the bookies, he always gave his all on the pitch. Or did I get that wrong?
        He gave his all on the pitch for Rangers for the vast majority of the time. Had some issues off the pitch and threw a few strops on it. Could hardly be classed as a model professional.

Much the same as Adel in fact. Really cannot understand the absolute rubbish written about Adel in terms of not working hard for the team. Very tough lad, forever getting fouled, always getting up, hardly ever missing through injury, so I doubt if he was ever far from being in good condition.

Only real difference is that Stan kept proving it in the highest division and in Europe. Adel hasn't yet, but Stan was pretty much running out of chances before turning up in West London.

I think if messageboards were around in the seventies, more debates would have been had and Stan would doubtless be one of the hottest topics.

And football was a different game then. Money wasn't such a factor. Whilst footballers were paid very well, it wasn't totally out of control and wages weren't as removed from the average fan's as they are now.

Neither were we all so concerned about a clubs financial well being and if we were likely to go bust any time soon.

Comment

stanley bowles was the greatest footballer ever to don our famous hoops.......i have been privaliged to have seen him for us and the greatest qpr side ever.........never to be matched!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X