Whats in a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
    Not asking to have it my own way, just don't see how upsetting the majority of your fanbase (customers) can be seen as a good business move
    Regarding the Hull City situation.Owner Assem Allam came to East Yorkshire in 1968 from Egypt as a refugee from the problems over there back then.He made it his home and has been there ever since.He worked his way up from nothing to become a multi-millionaire businessman.He bought Hull in 2010 for £1 and invested £30m with a further £10m to follow.He said at the time he wanted to give something back to the community that he had made his home,and this was a club on the verge of collapse without investment.

He wanted to re-brand the club after the council refused to sell him the freehold of the club so he could develop the excess land to generate income to help the club fund itself and not rely on future 'sugar daddies' which may not have the interest of the club as priority.

So it's a small change which he considers could help the club secure it's future regarding income.He does not seem to be like the ruthless foreign owners of other clubs but many fans failing to accept that modern football has changed risk their club being bought up by a Vincent Tan type with no care for the club.

Football fans like to shout a lot but who are the ones investing millions in the club we watch every week?.Or won't be watching if we go bust?.

It sure ain't us.

Comment

to be fair it may be 30 mill of he`s money ,which is a lot of dough in anyones book , but its f uck all compared to the lifetimes commitment of time, money and passion we all give to QPR.If he was from Hull and understood their tradition he would never consider changing their name . I would rather we were at the bottom of league 2 ,with our own identity then riding high in the premier ,after selling our soul
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

The bit about the fans accepting the way modern football is nowadays doesn't ring true to me. When he bought Hull he knew that it wasn't like any other investment and that it came with a lot more exposure. It's not like any other business and it shouldn't be an excuse to throw about that as a business he can do what he wants. If he could do what he wanted he wouldn't need to apply to the FA. Instead of accepting modern football and how it's becoming we should be striving for change because the system is broken. I couldn't see this happening in Germany and that's what we need to strive for really.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
          The bit about the fans accepting the way modern football is nowadays doesn't ring true to me. When he bought Hull he knew that it wasn't like any other investment and that it came with a lot more exposure. It's not like any other business and it shouldn't be an excuse to throw about that as a business he can do what he wants. If he could do what he wanted he wouldn't need to apply to the FA. Instead of accepting modern football and how it's becoming we should be striving for change because the system is broken. I couldn't see this happening in Germany and that's what we need to strive for really.
          Germany has not let money get out of control like in England,it's still affordable for the working man,unlike here.It's now got to the point where you need a billionaire owner funding a club for it to win the prem and these guys in general have little interest in the club and it's history and are in it to make money or to sell it later at a profit.

Money is the root of the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X