Parking at Portman Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking at Portman Road

I know there wont be no free parking so will have to find a car park. Anyone know the best place and nearest to the ground?

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    I know there wont be no free parking so will have to find a car park. Anyone know the best place and nearest to the ground?
    There's one (multi storey) right next to the railway station. It's less than a ten minute walk from the ground and easy to access and get away is decent too as you are far enough from the ground. Don't recall the cost but I will park there again so I can't have been shafted last time
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

There's a pub called the Steamboat Tavern with fairly decent parking near it, only a mile away or so

Comment

Was a car park right outside the ground last time we were there. May take a while to get out of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Was a car park right outside the ground last time we were there. May take a while to get out of it though.
          Really? I've always remembered it as one of those grounds where the surrounding roads are shut because it's residential?
          If you are right then I doff my cap, having said that, your ending comment is relevant because as I say above, the one by the station caused us no grief the last time we went up by car
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

must have wide roads to park their combine harvesters!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Really? I've always remembered it as one of those grounds where the surrounding roads are shut because it's residential?
              If you are right then I doff my cap, having said that, your ending comment is relevant because as I say above, the one by the station caused us no grief the last time we went up by car
              No I've parked outside the ground (opposite one stand) every time I've been to Ipswich . Paid about a fiver if I remember rightly and it's easy enough to get out after, obviously busy but not bad at all . Speaking of Ipswich .....Moore Moore Moore how'd ya like it how'd ya like it

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Yes there is and yes it's painful to get away from it after the game.

Park close by in a residential street, usually easy enough
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I stand corrected then - always go for the cautious option me and park a bit away from the ground to avoid getting stuck - just goes to show if I went a little closer I could save some shoe leather. Mind you, it worked at Yeovil this year by all accounts. Think I was back home before some got out of the car park
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Been by train the last few times but used to park in the car park right outside the stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      I stand corrected then - always go for the cautious option me and park a bit away from the ground to avoid getting stuck - just goes to show if I went a little closer I could save some shoe leather. Mind you, it worked at Yeovil this year by all accounts. Think I was back home before some got out of the car park
                      parking at yeovil nightmare

Comment

Working...
                      X