The defense issues need to sorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defense issues need to sorted

A lot of people say thaa by adding strikers problems will be solved - it would be good to have another (Hitchcock)
    We have a decent striker with 10 in 22 matches. Only 7 players in the league have scored more than Austin and 4 of those have scored 11.
    The defenders have score 3 total and the midfielders have got 8 in total - and we have 5 of them in each match.
    The obvious problem IMO is that the midfield has to much work helping our 2 slow central defenders - usually 2 of them helping.
    This is because the CD dont move that well up and down the court.
    The solution is sitting on the bench in Onuoha. He played the first 7 matches, 5W and 2D, goals 7-2. he played 2 half as a subtitute 1W 1D goals 3-1. All 3 goals cave with Onuoha on court and 2 of the scored by midfielders.
    I can not get it why he is not playing since he got fit - the defensive pressure of the midfield must be lifted to score more goals.

The mf don't seem to be helping the defence at all imo. All they seem to do is pass amongst themselves then give it away in a dangerous position and the oppo break straight on to our defence

Comment

Midfield is sh1t, not the defence. Seems a bit much to expect the defenders to score goals as well as defend them. If sh1tty players like Jenas were half decent we wouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Midfield is sh1t, not the defence. Seems a bit much to expect the defenders to score goals as well as defend them. If sh1tty players like Jenas were half decent we wouldn't have a problem.
        Lets face it the defense is not as good as many think.
        How many crosses are coming in from the fullbacks - hardly any.
        Do centerhalfs bring the ball upfield - I have not seen many cases - and they are usually sitting back which means midfielders need to get involved.
        Jenas is **** in you opinion probably because he does not scor - what about Hoilett, Phillips, Kranjcar and Barton they are probably **** too

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
          Do centerhalfs bring the ball upfield - I have not seen many cases - and they are usually sitting back which means midfielders need to get involved.
          Jenas is **** in you opinion probably because he does not scor - what about Hoilett, Phillips, Kranjcar and Barton they are probably **** too
          Agree that the fullbacks inability to act offensively is a problem, but given how watertight we've been at the back- until recently- am prepared to put up with that. Can't disagree with anything else you say, bar Barton who's got two goals (and a third unfairly ruled out) and so can't be classed with the likes of Jenas, Henry, O'Neil and Phillips and Holliet. I think I'd pair Clint and Ned on Sunday, but I'm very reluctant to mess about with the defence which is the only part of our operation that actually do the business. But fair play to Charlie for getting half our goals when getting rotten service for the most part..

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
            Is this Marshy too?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Is this Marshy too?
              I dont know anything about Marshy or what he has written.
              In this tread I am trying to point out that there is something wrong with the defense - but people like Hill and Dunne - so it is a NO NO NO to say the defense could be better.
              I pointed out what is happening when Onuoha is playing. The defense is tight AND we score more goals exspecially from midfield - get him in the team for Dunne.
              You v
              can just imagine what would happen next season with Hill/Dunne anchoring the defense - a year older than when this season started. - or are we maybe going to play Onuoha then

Comment

Not arguing with the onuoha selection ...unlucky with the timing of his injury.Just not sure the mfs will suddenly find goals.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Not arguing with the onuoha selection ...unlucky with the timing of his injury.Just not sure the mfs will suddenly find goals.
                  An I right in thinking that mfs stands for mutha fu&kers....

Comment

Best part of our team so far this season imo.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      An I right in thinking that mfs stands for mutha fu&kers....
                      ...does now!

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                        Best part of our team so far this season imo.
                        Bush it's only the best part statistically and only because it at the expense of all the other parts of the team. With both Hill and Dunn playing we sit so deep to protect their lack of pace, not to mention the midfield sitting in the space in front of them to prevent players running directly at them. Whilst this restricts space to the opposition and means we are mean defensively it affects our attacking options.

With Nedhum playing we play a lot higher, not to mention he is just as good a defender, one of hill or Dunn need to be dropped starting at Watford.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                          Bush it's only the best part statistically and only because it at the expense of all the other parts of the team. With both Hill and Dunn playing we sit so deep to protect their lack of pace, not to mention the midfield sitting in the space in front of them to prevent players running directly at them. Whilst this restricts space to the opposition and means we are mean defensively it affects our attacking options.

With Nedhum playing we play a lot higher, not to mention he is just as good a defender, one of hill or Dunn need to be dropped starting at Watford.
                          Good post and i agree about the lack of pace so the chief should get the nod over hill imo. My actual response was Ment to endorse the idea that we have enough within the squad without spending money on the back four when we Need to invest in a striker at the very least.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                            Good post and i agree about the lack of pace so the chief should get the nod over hill imo. My actual response was Ment to endorse the idea that we have enough within the squad without spending money on the back four when we Need to invest in a striker at the very least.
                            Absolutely agree although on Thursdays showing think I would drop Dunn for Ned. We certainly have the players with the addition of a decent striker, just hope Harry can get the selection right for Watford.

Comment

very interesting thread and some good stats from the op.
                              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                              X