in Harry we trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in Harry we trust

There's a lot of "sack the manager" type threads/post, but the truth is blame certain players for not putting a shift in. Players like kranjcar who was constantly trying these fancy flicks that just weren't happening, players like Henry, Carroll and Zamora who were just $hit.
    You cant change the formation especially to 4.4.2 when all our strikers are injured

Don't forget there's been a huge change in terms of players in and players out and we are still very much rebuilding our club

IMHO Harry Redknapp is one of the biggest positives about this club
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Have to disagree Nick and never wanted him in the first place.

He was absolutely awful for us last season, but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as he kept saying things about the players and their attitude. Thought he did well in getting rid of some of those who didn't want to be here and bringing in the likes of Austin and Phillips, although just going out and buying the leading scorer in the division from last season along with one of the most highly regarded wingers doesn't warrant a brilliant mind.

Really poor team selections with people playing out of position isn't helping. Twice on the trot now he has made a double substitution at half time and almost always wastes the first 45 minutes. We have been extremely fortunate to pick up the amount of points we have so far, the current run of 7 points from 6 games being a true reflection of how badly we have played all season.

Sorry to moan, but for me, Redknapp has been an even bigger let down than I expected him to be. The striker situation alone demonstrates just how clueless he has become. Not a problem likely to be solved with a huge bunch of midfielders with no pace, hardly any creativity, but here because they played for him years ago when they still had it.

Not quite sure what him and his coaches do all week based upon the performance levels. But whatever it is, it needs to change if we are to have any chance of promotion whatsoever. Not getting automatic promotion with the squad available compared to other teams, is almost criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

He was absolutely awful for us last season, but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as he kept saying things about the players and their attitude. Thought he did well in getting rid of some of those who didn't want to be here and bringing in the likes of Austin and Phillips, although just going out and buying the leading scorer in the division from last season along with one of the most highly regarded wingers doesn't warrant a brilliant mind.

Really poor team selections with people playing out of position isn't helping. Twice on the trot now he has made a double substitution at half time and almost always wastes the first 45 minutes. We have been extremely fortunate to pick up the amount of points we have so far, the current run of 7 points from 6 games being a true reflection of how badly we have played all season.

Sorry to moan, but for me, Redknapp has been an even bigger let down than I expected him to be. The striker situation alone demonstrates just how clueless he has become. Not a problem likely to be solved with a huge bunch of midfielders with no pace, hardly any creativity, but here because they played for him years ago when they still had it.

Not quite sure what him and his coaches do all week based upon the performance levels. But whatever it is, it needs to change if we are to have any chance of promotion whatsoever. Not getting automatic promotion with the squad available compared to other teams, is almost criminal.

I do agree 7 points from 6 games is poor but I wouldn't use that to reflect our season so far, I would use the table, 3rd and we've constantly been up their.

When you look at the state this club was in under Hughes, we have come so far in such a short time and that is all down to HR and his team.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I think if we got rid it could be like the days of the circus where we just fired managers, it seemed on a monthly basis.

Were third in the league three points off top albeit playing unconvincingly so if Harry can get them playing with belief the second half of the season in theory should be more straight forward, you don't fire managers who are in that position if another club fired a manager who had the team three points off the top we would be saying what they playing at!!!

As discussed yesterday my main concern is the performances are not those which are usually associated with a Harry Rednapp team he is known for attacking exciting football and although it appears we have the players to play in this way what we serve up on a match to match basis is quite the opposite. Is that because the manager is telling them to go out and play negative or is it because the players are doing it that way because we were getting results grinding out wins I am unsure

Harry did say something telling last night which was we were never as good as many were making out and he is correct and that will be a view held by I would say 99% of Rangers fans; its those outside of the club that are blowing our trumpet and expectations saying we are great etc where as those that watch week in week out know otherwise which is we are efficient, uninspiring and workmanlike

Comment

Whilst I dont want to get rid of him, I do agree that QPR have been very fortunate to be where they are given the lack of goals in the squad.

This is HR's team and quite frankly I have been bored with a lot of the games and said this back in October when I said I was not enjoying the 1-0 wins.

The fact that QPR have picked up 12 (edit - should read 16) points from the last 36 is down to the lack of fit and able strikers. I really don't know why he hasn't given the young strikers like Hitchcock and Skapetis a chance rather than constantly playing Austin as a lone striker (no wonder he got injured).

The QPR team is slow, uncreative and unimaginative and he was I thinking that Redknapp's teams played attractive attacking football. I didn't see much of that last season and even less of it this one.

Hopefully he will be able to sign some decent strikers in the January window.
          Last edited by stanistheman; 27-12-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Certainly not calling for him to be sacked Wests, just fed up at what we have to endure on a matchday.

As for those from the outside blowing his trumpet, I think that is part of the problem. So many people seem to think he is a really good manager. His record and achievements over 30 years of football management would suggest he is nowhere near as good as some think.

As I said, I think he did well pre season getting a decent squad together, certainly the best in this division. He just needs to use it properly. At the moment, I doubt anybody would argue that he is.

Comment

Hard to disagree with any of that, good post. Not a fan of Redknapp, never have been, but don't think the answer is to sack him. Hopefully he will look at the current situation and make a few changes but if I am honest I am not holding my breath.

Comment

He is a high profile manager, perhaps the most high profile one in the country. He is perfect for a board looking to turn a club into a high profile brand. Want to get in the papers? on TV? Radio? then hire Harry Redknapp as your manager and watch the clubs profile rise.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  He is a high profile manager, perhaps the most high profile one in the country. He is perfect for a board looking to turn a club into a high profile brand. Want to get in the papers? on TV? Radio? then hire Harry Redknapp as your manager and watch the clubs profile rise.
                  I think the term you're looking for is media wh ore. Shame his football management doesn't match his talking. Fa got stick for not agreeing with the press to make him England manager but they got it spot on.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    A bit cynical mate.

Certainly not the style of football to entice 40,000 people to pay to watch it.

Comment

I don't think saying HR and his team turning this club around is blowing his trumpet and the fact that we sit 3rd in the league and have been up their so far this season is blowing his trumpet its simply stating the truth. And it is the same as saying 7 point from 6 games is poor.
                      But we have to be real and see what players are available and see who is and isn't putting a shift in.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

A bit cynical mate.

Certainly not the style of football to entice 40,000 people to pay to watch it.
                        Oh no dont start talking about the new stadium
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The issue here is that HR has been there and done it all, so does he really care anymore?

A younger ambitious manager will react to pressure from board, but with Harry it would be difficult to get him excited, but more importantly, to admit he has been wrong in some of his decisions.

It's clear some of the players don't care, so has this attitude come from copying the manager?

Comment

The poster of this thread said " there are lots of sack the manager" threads after last night's defeat,Iv looked,I can't see ANY,can the poster please identify such threads please

Comment

And I don't trust harry,Iv no doubt if spurs or another premiership team came in for him he would be gone,and considering the vast amount of quality he has at his disposal we should be walking this league,and the striker situation is his fault,how could you just "assume" Austin would not get injured at some point,and even the cat knows that BZ and AJ have glass legs and are finished.In Harry I DON'T trust!

Comment

Working...
                              X