So What Needs to Change??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Needs to Change??

Lets try and take a positive look at whats going wrong and make some serious suggestions as to what needs to change to get us firing as for me the current team/management team is massively under performing

For me I feel we need to

1) Play at a higher tempo, currently it feels we just go through the motions, we get the ball and we lumber forward there is no intent to the play

2) linked to the above enough of the tippy tappy overkill passing (we could not even do that last night) and instead of just keeping possession for the sake of it lets be brave and try and pick passes that have the potential of harming the opposition

3) Personally there is nothing wrong with putting the ball behind teams on occasions. Were an easy side to play against because we play slow, we play sideways and we play in front of teams we need to turn teams around so there facing and running towards their own goal and make life b loody hard for them. Its harder to defend facing your own goal then with your back to it

4) Seriously need to sort the midfield out when you look at the names it should be our biggest strength but for me its are biggest weakness, Barton aside no one else turns up week in week out

5) What has been glaring to me in recent games is how isolated our wingers get they have no support when there on the attack so there basically left in a position of beat the man or stop and come backwards. When Hoilett/Phillips are going up the wing they have no buddy with them to offer an out ball or to commit and take a defender away so more often then not were left with a 2 v 1 situation and the games up. Blackpool we got Phillips support played a one two with Jenas and hey presto we scored

6) We rarely put balls into the box it seems like we just want to open teams up and score the perfect goal. Austin is blinding in the air as he showed against Blackpool lets give him the chance to plant a few on his head.

7) We seriously lack goals and it was actually good to see Jenas take a pop from the edge of the box last night as its something we don't do opting to retain possession. If there is an opening on goal pull the trigger

Any other views?

Can't disagree!! In a nutshell forwards too isolated, midfield too deep, tempo too slow. Without Austin I would stick Phillips up top. At least he might be a handful because at the moment it's shocking how immobile Zomara looks.. And that's saying something!!

Comment

Few simple changes, drop one of Hill and Dunn for Nedhum so we can play a higher line thus making the gaps smaller between midfield and strikers so we support quicker. Get the two full backs to actually attack their opposite number and if they can't or won't in BAE case then change them. Also sort the midfield out, poor balance at the minute either play a three and three strikers or play two sitters and one behind the striker at the minute we switch between the two and it doesn't hurt teams enough.

Comment

I think first of all we need to sort out our formation. We should go 4-4-2 which converts easily to 4-2-3-1 as and when required.

Our defence is good so no real problems there. In midfield we need someone to play alongside Joey. I don't think we can accommodate both Carroll and Kranjcar in the same team. A ball-winning CM that can pass the ball well is needed ASAP.

With Barton and A.N. Other, it will free up our wingers to attack the flanks. Matt Phillips and Junior are capable of doing some damage from inside the box as well as on the wings. We also have Traore who can play wide left.

The next question is forwards. Do we go with a proper front pairing, i.e Austin and AJ, or do we go Austin and Kranjcar? If we get a decent CM to play alongside Barton, I'd go Austin and AJ, or someone like Rhodes. We cannot keep expecting Charlie to do the business up front on his own.

O'Neil doesn't convince me. Neither do Jenas and Henry. SWP is finished, and Ale is out for a long time.

Perhaps in the next transfer window, a CM and forward might be key to our season. Personally I'd like two of each. Greedy, I know.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Lets try and take a positive look at whats going wrong and make some serious suggestions as to what needs to change to get us firing as for me the current team/management team is massively under performing

For me I feel we need to

1) Play at a higher tempo, currently it feels we just go through the motions, we get the ball and we lumber forward there is no intent to the play

2) linked to the above enough of the tippy tappy overkill passing (we could not even do that last night) and instead of just keeping possession for the sake of it lets be brave and try and pick passes that have the potential of harming the opposition

3) Personally there is nothing wrong with putting the ball behind teams on occasions. Were an easy side to play against because we play slow, we play sideways and we play in front of teams we need to turn teams around so there facing and running towards their own goal and make life b loody hard for them. Its harder to defend facing your own goal then with your back to it

4) Seriously need to sort the midfield out when you look at the names it should be our biggest strength but for me its are biggest weakness, Barton aside no one else turns up week in week out

5) What has been glaring to me in recent games is how isolated our wingers get they have no support when there on the attack so there basically left in a position of beat the man or stop and come backwards. When Hoilett/Phillips are going up the wing they have no buddy with them to offer an out ball or to commit and take a defender away so more often then not were left with a 2 v 1 situation and the games up. Blackpool we got Phillips support played a one two with Jenas and hey presto we scored

6) We rarely put balls into the box it seems like we just want to open teams up and score the perfect goal. Austin is blinding in the air as he showed against Blackpool lets give him the chance to plant a few on his head.

7) We seriously lack goals and it was actually good to see Jenas take a pop from the edge of the box last night as its something we don't do opting to retain possession. If there is an opening on goal pull the trigger

Any other views?
          Agree with everything said.
          Especially your first point. Look how forest didn't stop working, running around, attacking, especially the first half. They didn't stop coming at us and we just couldn't handle it.

I think if Hoilett could pass/cross the ball more often he would be one of our best players. He's great at taking on players and going around them but he just seems to waist it all with his last touch which more times than any is a failed shot.

Last night's game was the biggest indication so far that we desperately need another striker, maybe two. We cant be serious title contenders with zzzzzzamora and AJ who lets face it is only a matter of time until he breaks again.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Harry's had a bet with hoilett and philips to score 20? goals each this season. That's surely a conflict of interest if we want to see lots of crosses going in.

Comment

We need a decent coach to replace McClaren as Bond, Downes and Jordan aren't worth a w**k. I would bring in Sean O'Driscoll, one of the best coaches (not manager) in the game and he is available and used to play for HR at Bournemouth.

Comment

Well we need to up our game and tempo... we have the players for sure (although we do need another striker) but we need to start going forward more and create some chances... also we hardly tested their goalkeeper in the first half.

Comment

Tempo and urgency are what we miss the most IMO. We are easy to play against because teams have so much time to regroup, yet everyone who seems to play against us by pressing and hassling us seems to make us look mugs

Comment

Working...
                  X