X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be a blessing in disguise..

...not going up this season?

When you look at our squad and the bigger picture:

We have three loanees that are playing week in week out, two in very important positions imo (Carroll, Kranjcar).

Two ageing CB's

A gk in Green that will probably be off in the summer when his contract expires - would be very surprised if we renew considering the high wage he is likely to be on.

Ageing midfielders that are not good enough at the top level - jenas, swp, henry

And of course the two strikers, aj and the donkey the club spent a good few mil on from Fulham.

More rebuilding will be needed, not ideal doing that heading into the premier league.

Holloway will be our manager in the Champ next season.....i can feeel it

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
      ...not going up this season?

When you look at our squad and the bigger picture:

We have three loanees that are playing week in week out, two in very important positions imo (Carroll, Kranjcar).

Two ageing CB's

A gk in Green that will probably be off in the summer when his contract expires - would be very surprised if we renew considering the high wage he is likely to be on.

Ageing midfielders that are not good enough at the top level - jenas, swp, henry

And of course the two strikers, aj and the donkey the club spent a good few mil on from Fulham.

More rebuilding will be needed, not ideal doing that heading into the premier league.
      Not going up this season with our squad would be criminal frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
        Of course, but going up with this squad could mean trouble in the long term - something harry doesn't seem to be planning for.

Comment

How would not getting that 100 million quid premiership money be a blessing in disguise in any way in any world? Even if we go up and go down again every otjer year then that will make the club financially stable and self sufficient, madness to think any other way. That money is vital.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
            He has a point though, it will just be a cycle if we don't get some young lads in. Our squad is very similar in its make up to how we were promoted last time around and we were so badly prepared, unlike Naaarwich, Swansea, Southampton who had young sides they were able to compliment with good signings.

Comment

You raise a valid point Kevin, a side of the argument that i hadn't given much thought to - money.

Was focused fully on the playing side of things.

Comment

I've been saying this all season so far. We have to rebuilt soon, even if we win promotion. And changing the heart of the defence, the midfield and adding quality strikers is not that easy...as already we found out. We will end up changing more then half of the team.....if not next season, the following.

Comment

Imagine this side in the premiership though, it is scary to think of it i will give you that northolt mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    Holloway will be our manager in the Champ next season.....i can feeel it
                    Good God nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Be the same old story..get promoted then bring in 15 players to replace the ones we have that wont cut it.

Comment

I agree we are no where near ready for the Prem. We would be smashed week in week out, that makes for a very miserable time being a R's fan.
                        Unless something is sorted in the transfer window re strikers we are better off staying down imo.
                        And if we stay down, I bet TF's plans for the new stadium will look like an unreality.
                        Just speaking my mind and being realistic.

Comment

I bet TF's plans for the new stadium will look like an unreality.
                          Surely its going to take years according to the plans -might work out better depending on whether we landed on a snake or a ladder?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            I agree we are no where near ready for the Prem. We would be smashed week in week out, that makes for a very miserable time being a R's fan.
                            Unless something is sorted in the transfer window re strikers we are better off staying down imo.
                            And if we stay down, I bet TF's plans for the new stadium will look like an unreality.
                            Just speaking my mind and being realistic.
                            While I agree that we don't have a team/style of play ready for the Prem at the moment, not going up when we have a squad as strong as we have, and only 2 years of parachute payments would be scarier than a year of Premiership hidings.

Can you imagine the pressure next year if we don't go up? I'd rather take our chances in the Prem, than play Russian Roulette in the Championship again.

I'll be keeping everything crossed that we go up first time.

Comment

Going up means we only need to be better than three other teams first season. It's always got to be worth the try?

Comment

Working...
                              X