no goals spells no promotion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no goals spells no promotion!

lets face facts here chaps our goals for record is a disgrace, so for me if we dont address this i cant see us going up!
    LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

I never believed QPR will go up with this squad and in truth they have excelled by remaining in the top 3 all season with Austin as the only real source for goals.

The defence is reasonable, but very slow. The midfierld is effective as a working unit, but lacks goals and the attack without Austin is relegation tripe.

As Redknapp said yesterday, this squad was cobbled together in the summer and has done well to be up there in the mix. Zamora and Johnson are not fit to even play 45 mins and without Austin are not going to score goals let alone win games.

QPR need to address the lack of fit and able strikers in Jnaury or can kiss goodbye to the top 6 let alone promotion.

Comment

The drop in form has coincided with us starting to leak goals in my view. When we went on the clean sheet run one goal from us gave us 3 points but now were conceding most weeks and because our goal ratio is so low if we score the chances are its only going to get us a point instead of three as we this season have rarely scored more then one so if the opposition score their in business for a minimum of a point

It would be interesting to see since the Millwall game how many games we have come away from with 3 points when the opposition have scored against us

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        The drop in form has coincided with us starting to leak goals in my view. When we went on the clean sheet run one goal from us gave us 3 points but now were conceding most weeks and because our goal ratio is so low if we score the chances are its only going to get us a point instead of three as we this season have rarely scored more then one so if the opposition score their in business for a minimum of a point

It would be interesting to see since the Millwall game how many games we have come away from with 3 points when the opposition have scored against us
        Just the Derby game mate.

In total, just 16 points from a possible 36 (12 games) including the Millwall game. I think that 12 games is a reasonable enough number to base opinions around. Over the course of a season, it woudn't get us in the play offs.

Comment

We don't score enough and our lack of pace means we're pretty easy for a decent team to defend against- that's not a combination that will get us in the top 2.

Think we'll still be OK for play-offs though.
          Last edited by DouDou_87; 27-12-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
            We don't score enough and our lace of pace means we're pretty easy for a decent team to defend against- that's not a combination that will get us in the top 2.

Think we'll still be OK for play-offs though.
            I don't share your confidence. Without faster defender(s) and new striker(s), QPR will continue to drop points on a frequent basis whilst the likes of Derby, Leeds, Reading, Ipswich, and Wigan (now out of the Europa League) will climb above QPR.

I predict a finish between 7th and 12th with the current squad.

Comment

agree

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                I don't share your confidence. Without faster defender(s) and new striker(s), QPR will continue to drop points on a frequent basis whilst the likes of Derby, Leeds, Reading, Ipswich, and Wigan (now out of the Europa League) will climb above QPR.

I predict a finish between 7th and 12th with the current squad.
                IMO the top 6 will be as they are now with Leicester, Burnley, Derby, Reading, Leeds and us all involved.

We're on a bad run but can get in one or two more forwards in January. We have enough quality in the squad to get into the top 6.

Comment

Of course traditionally in the main we have always performed poorly during November December

Comment

To be fair,even the most unbelievably optimistic posters( like MYU)will admit that without goals you won't go up,nor would we deserve to go up,if Harry ' s plan B is BZ,then even the play offs could be beyond our reach

Comment

How many 34 year old, 'struggling to get a contract', injury prone strikers are available in the January window?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        How many 34 year old, 'struggling to get a contract', injury prone strikers are available in the January window?
                        Zamora and AJ we will give them new long term extended contracts

Comment

Four losses now. Last time we went up we lost five all season.... Including Leeds when we'd already gone up.

Comment

this is a common theme across all qpr mbs..and we do need 2 more strikers
                            time to sod off zamora, a really pathetic signing from day 1..aj is always injured and has been over 10 years..another poor signing ( he has tried when fit, accepted)
                            chevanton not given a chance...we need a strker or 2, a scorer or 2 , 2 attckers
                            get the idea???
                            our defence score few and our midfield are not chucking in their worth.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Zamora and AJ we will give them new long term extended contracts
                              I will give up on football if that happens.

AJ, i like, but with his injury record really should never have been signed.

As for the donkey living off past glories and earning a hefty wage, cannot wait to see the back of him. Yet another poor excuse of a once talented footballer that no longer has 'it' and just goes through the motions. Thank fark his contract is up in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X