Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would love this at our new ground…………...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love this at our new ground…………...

A mate of mine who is a Schalke fan was telling me about this memorial garden / cemterey that they have outside of their ground. A relative of his is remembered here. It's very tasteful and gives fans of their club a place to be either buried or have their ashes scattered. Many fans have bought plots for the day they drop dead, I know this is not for everyone but part of being Rangers is the fact we're all family and to be honest when I die I'd rather be within a goal kick of our new ground rather than at some cemetery in the middle of no where. I am sure that we all know many QPR fans that don't have large families and QPR is all they have. They have given loads to the club over the years and this would just be a way where people could pay their respects. I don't know of any club in the UK with such a thing. We have a club chaplain who I'm sure would be very favourable of the idea. The soil could even be soil taken from Loftus Rd!

What are people's thoughts?

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor...105903057.html
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

could house a fair few Romas on that site ,no chance
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
      A mate of mine who is a Schalke fan was telling me about this memorial garden / cemterey that they have outside of their ground. A relative of his is remembered here. It's very tasteful and gives fans of their club a place to be either buried or have their ashes scattered. Many fans have bought plots for the day they drop dead, I know this is not for everyone but part of being Rangers is the fact we're all family and to be honest when I die I'd rather be within a goal kick of our new ground rather than at some cemetery in the middle of no where. I am sure that we all know many QPR fans that don't have large families and QPR is all they have. They have given loads to the club over the years and this would just be a way where people could pay their respects. I don't know of any club in the UK with such a thing. We have a club chaplain who I'm sure would be very favourable of the idea. The soil could even be soil taken from Loftus Rd!

What are people's thoughts?

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor...105903057.html
      Southampton have a memorial outside the main entrance, peoples names on the floor in the brickwork

Comment

I'm sure it will make an excellent place for all the local yoot to congregate and make a nuisance of themselves

Comment

Working...
        X