buy or loan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buy or loan ?

IT seems obvious that Harry won't be keeping Cheverton,and Zamora is finished,so a striker will be needed in January. With us pushing for promotion do we buy a prayer with a view of him being good enough for the premiership or take the safer option of loaning out a player who would be a good championship striker?

It really depends on who is available.

Comment

Big question and quite hard looking at the strikers we could possibly sign. Going through the premiership squads there isn't anyone that jumps out.

Defoe would be the only one to buy permanently but he seems to be first choice again at Spurs. Loans, possibly Becchio from Norwich and Jelavic from Everton. There really isn't much out there.

In the Championship, Ross McCormack is the stand out candidate but we had our chance in the summer and he's now signed a new deal with Leeds. Danny Ings, would cost a lot of money and would be a huge gamble.

Personally, Becchio on loan for me.

Comment

Buy or loan? Does it mind as long as we all can MOAN??

On a serious note: When it comes to attackers and midfielders, I would prefer to loan players. In that respect, Hoolahan and Lefondre are two players I would like us to bring in. Defenders, on the other hand, do I tend to want to bring in on permanent deals. ĻI feel it is easier to asess a defender and even a goalkeeper. Just my opinion, though.
        Last edited by Shania; 13-12-2013, 04:14 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Like it or not Zamora will be given another run once he is fit again

Comment

Is he on his way to recovery, do you think?
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

He won't have played for 2 years!

Comment

Hasn't played for 2 years or hasn't played well for 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Like it or not Zamora will be given another run once he is fit again
                  ANOTHER run? When was the last time he ran?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    ANOTHER run? When was the last time he ran?
                    When he tried to take that players head off with his boot from the throw in ! He then trotted to the dressing room.

Comment

Zamora may surprise a few if he is genuinely fully fit for this league.

I would loan with a view to buy. If we need a striker Harry Kane at Spurs. Carroll knows how he plays, so does Harry - could be a very shrewd signing in my opinion.

To be honest, I'd look at getting in one more versatile defender and swap Cesar for Westwood at Sunderland.

Comment

At which stage or Club for that matter has Kane impressed? I ask because I have seen him in a few U-21 matches for England in which he didnīt excatly impress..(Im my opinion)
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X