X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly 2017 or 2018 is the date Tony thinks we'll be in the new stadium

http://talksport.com/football/fernan...um-13121371705

Sorry if this was already posted.

Much sooner than I expected. I'd still expect to miss that timeframe by at least 3-4 years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
      Much sooner than I expected. I'd still expect to miss that timeframe by at least 3-4 years though.
      I think the projected time frame is about right. I wouldn't think there'll be too many planning objections, especially as it's pretty much a derelict site and has strong financial and political support.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We'll see. It's certainly ambitious.

Comment

Would be surprised if its done before 2020, Westfield took 5 years to build

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Would be surprised if its done before 2020, Westfield took 5 years to build
            After the legal and money wrangles were dealt with, the Emirates was begun July 2003 and opened July 2006. Ours will be a lot easier than what happened with Arsenal.

Comment

It's part of an area regeneration scheme so it should move along nicely.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                It's part of an area regeneration scheme so it should move along nicely.
                Well, maybe. I think being part of a big scheme can be good and bad. If the rest of the development goes along smoothly then all well and good but if there are problems then it can affect everything. For example, even if the stadium can be completed quickly, we may not be able to use it if the transport links aren't completed, or there is still major construction going on around. Hence references to the "infrastructure requirements" in the announcement.

Comment

More importantly how many Tune hotels can you build on the site?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    After the legal and money wrangles were dealt with, the Emirates was begun July 2003 and opened July 2006. Ours will be a lot easier than what happened with Arsenal.
                    Ya think! Worked on many Multi million pound construction projects then?

You have no idea what challenges lie ahead.

The site investigation alone could push the completion date back a year.

You only have to take a look at the training ground delays to put the whole thing into perspective

Comment

Ya think! Worked on many Multi million pound construction projects then?

You have no idea what challenges lie ahead.

The site investigation alone could push the completion date back a year.

You only have to take a look at the training ground delays to put the whole thing into perspective
                      Worked on the Wembley stadium project actually......

Anyway, as I said, the Emirates took around three years to build once they got going. That's a fact.

Comment

Anyway, as I said, the Emirates took around three years to build once they got going. That's a fact.
                        What a great example, Wembley Stadium was £400 million over budget and suffered eight years worth of delays dicky boy

We can all dig out a great example, which the emirates was (I actually worked on that project) but then there are other not so great examples…..know what i mean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                          More importantly how many Tune hotels can you build on the site?

"Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

What a great example, Wembley Stadium was £400 million over budget and suffered eight years worth of delays dicky boy

We can all dig out a great example, which the emirates was (I actually worked on that project) but then there are other not so great examples…..know what i mean!!!
                            Come on own up, which one of you was in charge of getting the port-a-loos changed over ?
                            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                            X