QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
    So it'll be ok when uncle tony wants to call us LONDON MAN UNITED DRAGONS & changing the Hoopz to Red just cause it would shift a couple more tons of shirts in the far east then ?

As for MK Dons lovely stadium for their 'new' fans , can't see too many of the original Wimbledon fans being over the moon though ..........

As many people have said, we can't stop the march of time BUT lets have some serious debate on where the Messiah is leading us not just blindly follow the possession hand clapping & flag waving .
    you are just being silly now. The only thing that will change is the stadium name, and i said moving the mkdons ground was wrong, but they got their wimbledon back anyway.

Comment

• So who owns it then? QPR or some form or Captial Investment Company or Uncle Tony or Uncle Lakshmi??

Very very important question that's not been referenced anywhere in the context of ACL/SISU and Coventry City (and to a lesser degree MK Dons). It can happen very easily.
      Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

• It is upsetting and a bit scary knowing that we are leaving LR, its the only qpr home I know. But we have to move forward in life and this is part of it.
        Plus I cant think of a better time... We've got the squad, manager, owner's, money plus fingers crossed premiership football is only around the corner. Lets embrace this part of history and support the project.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
          So who owns it then? QPR or some form or Captial Investment Company or Uncle Tony or Uncle Lakshmi??

Very very important question that's not been referenced anywhere in the context of ACL/SISU and Coventry City (and to a lesser degree MK Dons). It can happen very easily.
          This is an extremely important question, and one that needs to be asked of the club as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
            Could be something in that once he gets his planning permission & music arena / entertainment complex built, only a fool would keep the loss making football club, he could sell the club & rent the ground to us ..............

Many Many Many things to worry about !
            We'll have new diehard fans travelling to us super quick from all over the country spreading the word

Comment

So who owns it then? QPR or some form or Captial Investment Company or Uncle Tony or Uncle Lakshmi??

Comment

This is a serious question here, cos i really dont know the answer. Does qpr owning the stadium actually mean anything? Does owning loftus road do anything for us as supporters, has it benefited us ever in any way and is it benefitting us in the move to the new uber stadium?
                What does having 'owned by qpr' written next to it on paperwork actually mean to you or any of us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  This is a serious question here, cos i really dont know the answer. Does qpr owning the stadium actually mean anything? Does owning loftus road do anything for us as supporters, has it benefited us ever in any way and is it benefitting us in the move to the new uber stadium?
                  What does having 'owned by qpr' written next to it on paperwork actually mean to you or any of us?
                  It's an asset for the club not Fernandes or whoever else and that is important as we need the club's assets to be secure if the board get bored/run out of money/get arrested for financial wrongdoing/die/million other things. Not rocket science tbh.

Comment

A stadium is often the only asset a football club has. Take away that asset and value and you're left with a shell with zero collateral and no means of financing yourself. There is no way to sustain a 40,000 seat arena without Premier League football and Football League FFP restrictions mean you cannot be reliant on any oligarch to meet shortfalls.

Longer term questions - who takes the revenue from catering concessions (club or stadium owners), who makes money from conferences, concerts and other events (club or stadium owners - who takes the money from stadium naming rights etc etc etc??
                    Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
                      Only downside is we won't have a north west London derby.
                      But at least we will be able to start referring to Stamford Bridge as the Subbuteo Stadium

Comment

its not the kudos of owning the ground ,its the security it brings the club
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

you are just being silly now. The only thing that will change is the stadium name,
                          and i said moving the mkdons ground was wrong, but they got their wimbledon back anyway.
                          I'm sure Hull fans never thought they'd be getting renamed OR Cardiff fans never even in their worst nightmares dreamed of losing the Blue shirts, Coventry & Wimbledon fans having their clubs shifted miles away ........

You can be certain if Hulls owner gets FA clearance to change their name, it will open the floodgates for all the American / Far Eastern owners to give us all silly animal names .....

If you were around at the beginning of Sky Sports you'll remember how excited we were to be on TV, now it's a pain not being able to book hotels / train tickets until the TV schedules are released, then having to get to Bolton / Leeds etc etc by 12.15 .

My point is lets be careful what we wish for .............
                          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post

I don't care what the postcode is, for me chelski and Fulham will always be our derbys
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              I don't care what the postcode is, for me chelski and Fulham will always be our derbys
                              Tbf the postcode is the least of our worries, they are both sw6 and bremtford are TW!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Qprnw10

But at least we will be able to start referring to Stamford Bridge as the Subbuteo Stadium

we dont have a West London Derby either? both Fulham and Chelsea in SW London Brentford in Twickenham QPR only team in West London. FACT hence the song West London is ours also we wont be in West london in New Stadium it's in NW London

Comment

Working...
                                X