So what is the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is the problem?

Obviously we wont win every game this season, especially away from home, but what is most concerning me is how we're not scoring enough goals. I think there are about 17 other teams in the Championship who have scored more goals than us. That is slightly concerning.
    Of course all that matters is where we are in the league, but relying on Charlie to score us goals all the time could become a bad habbit for the team. The likes of Phillips, Hoilett, Niko, Jenas and SWP have got to sort it out. When I've watched us play this season we've always enjoyed the majority of possesion but haven't created enough clear-cut chances.
    What does everyone else think? Are we not shooting enough? Or do we just lack creativity in the final third? Or is it that the rest of our team just don't know how to shoot?

We need 5 strikers on the pitch.....lets go the old school team formation 2-3-5....goals galore!!!!

Comment

A fantastic question.

I think an easy adjustment we can make if we stick with one up top is to get the full backs forward more as we rarely see them overlapping and putting the ball in the box. Getting the full backs forward may allow one of the midfielders to attack the box and add another body in there.

We also need to get the players (especially wingers) to get there head up and attack the full back instead of slowing play down and giving it easy; get on the ball push it past there player and whip it in the box, lets play like we mean it

Comment

I reckon the problem is that Harry is on a huge bonus to get us up. The board also know that promotion is a must or we could be ruined financially.
        Here lies the problem, the management are cacking themselves.
        Hence the cagey football and keep ball, which often can go wrong, like today.

Comment

What I am struggling to get my head around is that Harry is known for playing attacking football and when you look at the brand of football he played at Spurs and what we are serving up (given the league were in and players we have) its light years apart.
          Last edited by West Acton; 30-11-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

We miss the player in the whole aswell. Not sure that we have good enough options in that positon.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

The problem?

Well. In this game it was the inability to convert 62% possession and 17 shots on goal, in to goals.

We are the medical equivalent of a Jaffa at times.

Comment

Working...
              X