Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries!

Why so many hamstring injuries .?
    Last edited by Shania; 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Was just thinking that myself - I guess the good news is that we have 2 weeks to rest up. By the sounds of it jenas and dunne will be ok

Maybe I have missed something but what injury did hoilett pick up?

Comment

I think Hoilett is struggling almost permanently With a hamstring injury now.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

How does a professional sportsman get injured enough to not be able to do what hes payed handsomely for just by lifting his leg up a couple of foot in the air ala jenas?

Comment

Losing them on loan too. Granero done his ACL and one of the kids that went on loan got a bad injury to by all accounts

Comment

it's a new lge rule.either qpr sustain numerous injuries or cop red cards!

Comment

Have there been any hammy's at LR, because it may be to do with the pitches. (note just for hammy's. other injuries are just unlucky)
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Have there been any hammy's at LR, because it may be to do with the pitches. (note just for hammy's. other injuries are just unlucky)
                You think hammys are to do with the carpet like pitches they play on. Dearey me. It is a weakness in the player. Type of injury that if you've pulled it once you're likely to do it more times. Players like wingers with a turn of pace suffer the most. It was the end of owen too but it is absolutely nothing to do with the lush turf these players play on
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think it's just very bad luck with these injuries, surely at this level our club doesn't do much different than any other pro club for stretching and injury prevention! With Hoilett, as Shania mentions it seems permanent with him, he needs a long time on the shelf to heal properly or we could be stuck again like yesterday, playing with 10 men when he inevetably pulls up lame!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    he needs a long time on the shelf
                    agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Why so many hamstring injuries .?
                      You can add another to that list now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24910020

Comment

There seem to be a lot of players withdrawing through "injury" for these friendly matches. Maybe if these were NOT friendlies these so called injuries would not be an issue.......club before country maybe!!??

Comment

Originally posted by padstow View Post
                          You can add another to that list now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24910020

This is Hopefully a "Club before country " case. He did actually play quite well against Reading.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            You think hammys are to do with the carpet like pitches they play on. Dearey me. It is a weakness in the player. Type of injury that if you've pulled it once you're likely to do it more times. Players like wingers with a turn of pace suffer the most. It was the end of owen too but it is absolutely nothing to do with the lush turf these players play on
                            It seems to happen to more players on poor pitches or bad patches on the grass.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              One of the few times I find myself agreeing with the great man. Blaming it on pitches is a load of old tosh.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X